Hacking Do you recommend me to update from a9 to b9?

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm still in a9, and the main reason why I haven't updated to b9 is because to me is useless.
For instance:
"From now on, Luma updates will be in .firm"
I literally have no reasons to update Luma.
"From now on, Homebrew apps will be runable only through b9"
I literally, do not use Homebrew apps, the only one I use is that Shop.
"If you want to play online, you'll need to update your system which will require Luma to be updated"
Again, I don't play Online.

Yet I feel, a bit curious about that new Rosalina x Bootstrap.

So, the question is aimed to those who have updated from a9 to b9 and from Luma to Rosalina.

Is it worth it for someone like me? For someone who's not interested is using most of those features, because I have the same features with A9 and Luma.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded, and I rarely play my 3ds. it's just for research and testing purposes like all of my systems r. like the others have said, it's very easy especially if you're already on a9lh. it might take but five minutes really.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I upgraded, and I rarely play my 3ds. it's just for research and testing purposes like all of my systems r. like the others have said, it's very easy especially if you're already on a9lh. it might take but five minutes really.
Yeah took me 5minutes to update & since its the future going forward, why not? - Native Input redirection is nice

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Luma 8 is nice, yes updated but only on my Test 3DS, but if you don´t need new stuff you can stay on old version and update later if needed ... how was that "Never Change a running System as long you have no need for" :D

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, thank you guys. Actually, @clancy94 pointed out something interesting... Native Input redirection?
Does that mean that I will be able to play my games without using the Circle Pad? Now that's something I would update for.
Is actually not because I think it'll be difficult to change from a9 to b9, I even have the 3dsguide open just in case of changing my mind.
The reason why I haven't updated yet is because there's on reason for me to do so, as of yet that is.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I'm still in a9, and the main reason why I haven't updated to b9 is because to me is useless.
For instance:
"From now on, Luma updates will be in .firm"
I literally have no reasons to update Luma.
"From now on, Homebrew apps will be runable only through b9"
I literally, do not use Homebrew apps, the only one I use is that Shop.
"If you want to play online, you'll need to update your system which will require Luma to be updated"
Again, I don't play Online.

Yet I feel, a bit curious about that new Rosalina x Bootstrap.

So, the question is aimed to those who have updated from a9 to b9 and from Luma to Rosalina.

Is it worth it for someone like me? For someone who's not interested is using most of those features, because I have the same features with A9 and Luma.
You absolutely have reason to update Luma. Updates can mean new features, such as Rosalina. Or they mean bug fixes.
If you use Themely, hblauncher_loader, Luma Updater, or FBI, you use homebrew.
The upgrade to b9s is easy and recommended. Use https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.
Ok, thank you guys. Actually, @clancy94 pointed out something interesting... Native Input redirection?
Does that mean that I will be able to play my games without using the Circle Pad? Now that's something I would update for.
Is actually not because I think it'll be difficult to change from a9 to b9, I even have the 3dsguide open just in case of changing my mind.
The reason why I haven't updated yet is because there's on reason for me to do so, as of yet that is.
No. Native Input Redirection means you can use any external controller with the 3DS.

Last edited by PrincessLillie,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't even use Luma but still recommend Sighax, because it's a much cleaner system (you just install a fakesigned B9S as kernel, instead of installing an early N3DS kernel - yes even on O3DS - and a custom secret sector to take advantage of a secondary exploit in its added security features)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Date sticks