Hacking Do you really want a USB Loader ???

I want a USB Loader from Waninkoko?

• Yes Absolutely !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Thanks !

• This will cause too much Piracy

• I don't care either way

• I want one, from someone else

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosaic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's forget all of the features, speculation, multiple threads of guessing, etc .....

Answer the Poll, and Waninkoko will know if the "scene" wants this or not based on pure numbers
smile.gif
(Not that this will sway him one way or another, just good info for everyone)

Just for fun, I'm certainly not affiliated at all.

Cheers

Kosaic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Agree, He can do as he wants ....

But cant we have some fun along the way?

Bugaveli, everyone has to be a nooB at some point, like you were only 4 months ago .... I'm a few days old here (my account) so nooB I guess I am, but I've been around for a long long time, trust me
smile.gif

Anyhow, it is what it is, Waninkoko owns it, he can certainly do as he pleases..... But this will be interesting for him (and us) nonetheless.

smile.gif

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I couldn't care if one comes out or not, i'm not in homebrew only use my chipped wii for copied games other than that its not used for anything, if i want to play and emulators i got a perfectly fine pc for that and if i wanna play backups £12 for 50 discs keeps my harddrive at a minimum

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I totally want this.
But first I'll wait. There's still a chance this may be an april fools joke. But if it turns out to be real and people are reporting good compatibility results, I will buy an external hard drive just for this.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted Yes Absolutely!

Even if I don't use it as much as I think I will.

I kind of have a sort of mild addiction to playing with stuff and seeing stuff work. It fits pretty well into all this homebrew stuff.

Kosaic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want it as it is another "thing" I can make my Wii succom too
smile.gif
I want to see how much this little SOB can take, before it blows up !

I share your addiciton Black Enigma

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, I already have a modchip, so I don't really need a USB Loader.
But the moment I saw that the Wii had a USB port, then I had a vision of hooking up a external HD and that you could just play movies, music and even real ISO's with it.
I thought it was never going to happen, but now it will (probably)
This is the reason for me to buy an external HD, the idea only rocks!

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
I want it as it is another "thing" I can make my Wii succom too
smile.gif
I want to see how much this little SOB can take, before it blows up !

I share your addiciton Black Enigma

biggrin.gif

Keeps life interesting. It's not just put game in, play, take game out.

I want a full speed PS3/360 emulator when it's all said and done...

Ok maybe not, but still.

powaking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing more other than to save my discs. 2 of my games are scratched to the point where the won't boot (Mario Kart and Wii Sports) due to the kids. I had to redownload them in order for them to play. Now I keep all the games away from their reach and only I put in the games which is tiring since they constantly want to change games.

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As powaking said, I'd do it for the discs' sakes. My Brawl is starting to get read errors, and I don't have any dual layer DVDs to back it up on, so the USB Loader would be fantastic.

Also, I'd use it for the loading times. Did you see how fast Brawl loaded!? I wouldn't mind that!

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uhh... hell yeah. Although I'm a little scared this may be a April Fool's Joke and it may make piracy too easy. I still want it. The convenience of having this would be a amazing.

Devvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd rather have the games on discs, but this may give such 6x read speeds or faster. Which means, faster loading times, videos now should not be so choppy from the slow 3x read speed.

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modchip user here..I don't really care for this, though the idea seems very awesome. I may or not use it but, I will totally check it out. Hope it's real
smile.gif

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As others have said, I have 2 reasons to want this.

1. I just love it when I can have a piece of hardware do more then it's intended to do. As with XBox1, the more we can do with it, the happier I am.

2. I'm lazy. If I can dump all my games (I don't have that many, maybe 15) to a USB HD and then I don't have to get up to change games, it's just so convenient. Also, if I want to bring my Wii somewhere, I can just grab the HD, instead of all the discs. I'm careful enough (no kids yet) with the discs that scratches aren't really a problem, so that kind of backup isn't the issue. It's just the laziness.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a freaking great Idea.
Would save a lot of time
smile.gif
and DVD-R's.
We all know what this stuff is used for no matter what anyone says.
I dislike the hypocrites that say omg stop piracy BS, etc.
But them themselves use it for the same reason.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do think it to be a great idea. Honestly it wouldn't really make piracy much worse on the system than it already is. I personally think the loader to be a god send. With it I can actually create and test patches for games without having to waste a ton of blank DVD's. It's one of my hobbies to do that kind of stuff.

kwiirk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK then...
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wdwfqbzgc5d

'''cIOS usb2''' beta3
by kwiirk

=== Disclaimer ===
This software is in beta stage, it is not heavily tested, but proved to work on the author system.
Physical damages to your hardrive is possible due to very immature state of the code.
Damages to hard-drive data are very possible.
See the NO WARANTY part of the GPL license.

Please dont use this software for illegal purpose.

=== beta3 changelog ===
*improved the reliability of the usbstorage driver. It now resets the drive if it starts to error.
*implemented libwbfs, a filesystem to store wii backups on an harddrive (see readme in sources for details)
*implemented yal, the most simple usb-loader.
*Two versions are available.
**cios_usb2_install is IOS 202, and does not contain the DIP plugin nor yal.
**cios_usb2_dip_install is IOS 222, and is not distributed on wiibrew.org. Please do not link to it on wiibrew.

Wii Backup File System(WBFS) by Kwiirk.

WBFS is a simple file system to store wii backup in an efficient way on a harddrive.

=== Wii Filesystem ===
All Wii Games do not take advantage of the whole 4.7GB DVD.
A lot of WII dvd sectors are in fact never used, even if there is random encrypted garbage in it.
WBFS knows about the wiidisc filesystem, and will copy on the wbfs partition only the part that are really usefull.
The idea of ignoring unused wiidisc sectors is not new, and is implemented in the WiiScrubber tool.

=== Disclaimer ===
WBFS is a filesystem tool that may damage you disc partition if you dont know what you are doing.
WBFS is in a early beta stage, a number of safety checks are not done, that may cause bugs.
Please save your data, and report bugs (please be productive, and explain exactly the problem)
The authors of the software decline all responsabilities on damage that can been done by the use of this software.
This tool is not made to encourage piracy, only use your own backups from your own games.

=== Usage ===
This version of wbfs only runs on linux, and will probably compile and work on other unixes including MacOSX even if it has not been tested.

Before using wbfs tool, you must format your harddrive. use the tool gparted from linux.
make a new primary partition of type "unformatted"
If you dont know how to do it, then wbfs in its current form is not for you, forget it or you will lose data. Sorry.

I assume now that $PART is the name of your recently created partition ( e.g. PART=/dev/sdc2 ), and your working directory is the binary release of wbfs_linux
You must be root, or have read/write access to your partition ( "adduser disk" on debian and co plus relogging will do the stuff)

*init the partition:
./wbfs -p $PART init
then wbfs can find automatically your wbfs partition inside your disks.

*add an iso to your partition
./wbfs add

*list the wiidisc that are on the wbfs, you will get the DISCID, game name, number of wide sectors used, and number of GB used.
./wbfs ls

*count the number of wide sectors / GB available on your partition
./wbfs df

*build Homebrew Channel directories for all the games in your partition
This will actually make a directory for each game with the DISCID of the game,
copy the icon.png and boot.dol of the current directory, and make a meta.xml with the name of the game
./wbfs mkhbc
Then copy all the directories in the apps directory of your sdcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night