Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OGPP - Do you read GBAtemp Recommends?

gbatrec.png

QUOTE said:
GBAtemp Recommends! is a popular weekly magazine feature in which the GBAtemp staff recommend classic Game Boy Advance titles. The project was launched on October 22nd, 2008.

Each week, the staff post a new issue with a new title that we recommend you play! The selected titles are the best of the best from the GBA library. They may be popular, well-known game franchises or they may be those obscure sleeper hits that you may have missed! One things for sure though; they're all worth a play through!

This project aims to share the word about great GBA games many have never touched before. The effort will hopefully spark some interest for the great ol' GBA.

In the issues, we provide lots of information, screenshots, gameplay videos, and helpful links for the GBAtemp Recommends! GBA title. Users are able to discuss the title in the topic - where they can share their opinions, tips, advice, and challenges!

After we have exhausted the GBA library we will move onto another system such as the Nintendo DS.

But, the question is do YOU read and enjoy these articles? Or do you pass them up? Please tell us your reasons, we'd like to hear the thoughts on it from our members.

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love GBAtemp Recomends! It's made me play some very awesome GBA games that I had not heard of or had never really showed interest in.I like how there's a screenshot and commentary of the games.Keep up the good work guys.
grog.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
I read and enjoy reading it. It gives me a feeling similar to standing near to a fireplace while discussing about old recommendable books, lol (seriously). However, I don't download every game you recommend and I don't enjoy all of those that I download, but only for reading the "gbatemp recommends" articles, it's worth it IMO.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TBH I just glance over it. I really don't read it. I already downloaded the GBA games I wanted and I'm into playing other games right now.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, although you guys already know my opinion, to I'll add it here and make it "official"..

I absolutely LOVE the idea of having GBAtemp recommends! And even tho I knew many of recommended games, it actually brought nostalgia and that good feeling of joy while reading so I always play those recommended games again..
Besides some of the games I never heard of, so in my opinion it very useful too..

I'd really like it to be continued, but if people don't read it, it's really too much of a job
frown.gif

Smef

The GbaTemp Hitchhiker
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.smefworks.com
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
I don't really read it, but I do skim it to see what games you guys recommend and if its something I've though about I'll read further.

I'm the same way. I check and see if it's the type of thing I'd be interested in playing.

I would be interested in seeing this expanded to other classic platforms, such as SNES.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the essentials list...only because I like the franchises list on it a bit more -.-'''
But it's nice for those who want something innovative for its time
tongue.gif

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, i read it and play the game if it interests me. Or if it's a game i've already played it makes me play it again for a short time.

ZyberMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it!!! Tried every recommended game so far. My Favorite was Boktai it brought a whole new series into my life. I was mostly a console and PC gamer, so i know nothing about gba games until I got my DSLite and M3real Perfect bundle. I did look thru the GBA essentials but the just dont hit the spots like GBAtemp Recommends!
biggrin.gif

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's awesome! I never really got much into the GBA (all though i did have one). But I was one of those, Pokemans, etc. The only good games I actually grabbed for it were Golden Sun 1/2. but I realize it's an awesome handheld. This helps me find those awesome games. Loving Another World, but I didn't haven't had time to finish it.

Anyways, I do indeed read it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is a game I do not immediately recognise I will read it, if I do recognise it I will tend to add them to the list of tabs to read when I get around to it.
I do more often than not recognise the games (I spent ages chasing down the good games from the GBA)

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I voted no, I do read it but I'm not really that interested in it. If you had another option that said "Yes, but I'm not that interested in it" I'd have voted that.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1