Gaming Do you prefer ORAS or X&Y?

LostRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
started with Y, completed my pokedex and everything. after that i moved to omega rubin, which i enjoy better.
feels like home and i didnt really like those kalos locations that much tbh, i liked the story tho.

Reactions: DudderButter

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I really love X/Y for introducing trainer customization (and ORAS took that away for a minute) and I think almost all of the new features added to X/Y that weren't carried over to ORAS make my decision for me. Mind you, most of these features returned in later entries in the series, but to have them there then taken away for a bit kind of stung.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
ORAS, it was a great set of remakes. X and Y just felt... so empty, linear, and boring for the first "fully 3D" Pokemon games. Some areas even look like they were DS graphics ported over to the 3DS, it's really sad.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ORAS was my first pokemon game and i liked it. x&y i got from my cousin but i haven't completed it yet. both games music are good tho

fun fact: i got oras when i was 10 and i didn't realize it was a remake until years later
dumb kid

inetkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tough choice... I love both of these games but ORAS might have the edge if only for nostalgia. XY is definitely one of my favorite pokemon games ever.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Gen 3 is my favorite generation and ORAS are really excellent remakes of it so of course ORAS. The bonus postgame content is nice (the Zinnia battle theme is EPIC) and the Soar mechanic is awesome. I wish they'd have kept that in future games and ditched Fly as it's much more fun and immersive.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have AS, but I've yet to invest any time into it. Got XY when it released, and really enjoyed it, mainly because the battles were finally polygonal. That being said, I also immediately missed the overworld graphics of the DS Pokemon (Diamond particularly) games. They were the perfect mix for me. The 3DS games are still beautiful games, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: