• Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Donkey Kong Country 2/3
  • SMW2: Yoshi's Island
  • The Revenge of Shinobi
  • Castlevania Bloodlines
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Pokemon GSC
...and that's really all that comes off the top of my head.

Reactions: Issac

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I get my SNESpi back from my brother I am going to binge on SNES, NES, and Genesis games from days gone by. I can't wait to replay classics as well as ones I have never touched.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a huge stack of unplayed Xbox 360 games that I'll play someday (I hope). Examples are Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, GTA V, Tomb Raider (2013), The Evil Within, Silent Hill: Downpour, Resident Evil 6, Blue Dragon, The Last Remnant, all 3 FF13 games, NIER, Prince of Persia, Kameo: Elements of Power, Mass Effect 1-3...

I honestly don't know why I keep buying games and consoles, those will keep me busy forever (well, at least I resisted the urge to buy an Xbox One or PS4 so far).

darksergio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I do play a lot of old windows 98 games I build a retro pc just for that pretty much the build is a duron 1 ghz 512 ddr1 ram and a Gforce Mx440 that I will be sound remplacing for a ATI radeon

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Of course, would be idiotic not to.

"Old" covers a lot of ground, but I've been working my way through the 2D Zeldas and the 2D Metroids, the whole Uncharted series, and played some other randoms of various ages like Portal, Spelunky, Guru Logic Champ and Super Mario Bros.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
A lot of NES games I try to shy away from, mostly because they tend to be too archaic for my tastes (Final Fantasy 1, Zelda 2, etc) though for the sake of having experienced older games in a franchise, I still try to play them. As for slightly more recent games, like such that I missed on PS1, old school PC, etc, I constantly play those. There's so many fantastic video games out there, that it feels like a crime to ignore them purely because they're "old".

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Recently played illusion of time/gaia
Was pretty good, but the story was... oddly put together, if that's the right way to explain it.
Planning to go through other old RPG's, because childhood memories.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A lot of NES games I try to shy away from, mostly because they tend to be too archaic for my tastes (Final Fantasy 1, Zelda 2, etc) though for the sake of having experienced older games in a franchise, I still try to play them.
I feel the same way about NES games. There are some that feel ahead of their time (e.g. Dragon Warrior III + IV, Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3) but I'll probably never finish others like the first Zelda. Placing limited bombs at random places hoping for a secret entrance just isn't my understanding of fun.

Reactions: Chary

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I feel the same way about NES games. There are some that feel ahead of their time (e.g. Dragon Warrior III + IV, Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3) but I'll probably never finish others like the first Zelda. Placing limited bombs at random places hoping for a secret entrance just isn't my understanding of fun.
Zelda 2 is quite playable with savestates imo, i remember playing it a lot on my PSP, was fun :).

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I sometimes buy games old systems, that I never played before for different reasons. I have a Gamecube plugged in, and recently bought the 007-games, they are quite fun.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, matter of fact, i have some reviews of them in the review section. :P

:arrow:Terranigma
:arrow:Beyond Oasis

The first one is recent publication, the bottom was my first, so the way the review is done is radically different, expect some noticeable "improvement" in how I managed to change up how I proceed with them. I prefer to see it as monitoring the progress of how changes was made.:ninja:

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Pretty much the only old game I want to play but still haven't managed to play for more than a couple minutes is Skies of Arcadia on Sega Dreamcast because my console died while it was playing (too old) and couldn't be bothered with emulators...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much the only old game I want to play but still haven't managed to play for more than a couple minutes is Skies of Arcadia on Sega Dreamcast because my console died while it was playing (too old) and couldn't be bothered with emulators...
Try the gamecube one, is supposed to be improved. But is up to you, speaking of dreamcast games, Grandia II is another good RPG that is currently on steam also worth a try. :yay:

Also to OP how old are we talking?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have tons of old games in my backlog too, and I play them from time to time.
the last ones I played for the first time, which were ~20 years old, are :

Valkyrie Profile
Rhapsody
Vagrant Story
La Pucelle
Grim fandango
Eternal Darkness

I still have too many to play from Snes and PS1.
being old doesn't mean they are bad. At worse, they are more difficult (NES games are too hard, I did I complete them when I was a kid? O_O)

Last edited by Cyan,

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes, I play a lot of C64 games, tons of games I missed out on and some that were just too complicated and cryptic when I played them as a kid.

I've had the idea to play (start/test) every Gameboy game. I've had the same idea about going through arcade history with MAME. And I will, I just don't have that much time at the moment. I really enjoy finding games that I've never heard of and that are good, even if the idea is good and implementation isn't I still enjoy seeing something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?