Do you play games all the way through?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Twinfold, Aug 19, 2007.

Aug 19, 2007
  1. Twinfold
    OP

Newcomer Twinfold Newbie

Canada
    Being a new ds owner I've got a lot of great games to catch up on. It's almost overwhelming lo.

So I'm wondering if I should start working my way through the Essential List or just play all the games a little bit each and just go from there.

The one bad thing about Flashcarts is that you have so many fun games to play, its hard to settle down and get through one!

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I almost never play a game all the way through, whether I bought them or not. That's one of the main reasons I stopped buying them.

3. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I usually try to beat the game if it is really good.

4. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    If I lose interest in it...I'll just stop, course.

5. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I typically play several games a time, unless I get one really good one that I can't put down. For example, I'm currently still working on beating Doom 3, RE4, Metroid Prime 2, Final Fantasy XII, and Sonic Adventure 2. But when I started playing Okami, I played nothing else for a week. And again when I got Zelda:TP.

6. kikapo_O

Newcomer kikapo_O Advanced Member

Malaysia
    I never play games all the way through, there was no game yet with a stunning story that I had to go on and on. I always start new games when there are good releases [​IMG]

7. cenotaph

Member cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Usually, yes, if they prove interesting. And yeah, I've always got multiple games I'm in the middle of that I intend to complete.

8. Foolio

Newcomer Foolio Advanced Member

United States
    I tend to play 1 game at a time, but there are very few that have kept my interest long enough for me to finish them. When I do come across a game that I absolutely love (Hotel Dusk comes to mind), I'll play it for hours at a time until I reach the end.

9. Lodis

Member Lodis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The only game I have played all of the way through is Advance Wars DS. On all of the other portables I play games on, it is only the Turn based Strategy games that I have played from start to finish.

10. clockworkvictim

Member clockworkvictim GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I try to, but usually end up playing 1-5 at a time.

11. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I think when you take away the price element, the game has to fight harder to grab your attention. Iit must be terrible if people don't even want to play a game they downloaded.

On topic. The only game I remember playing all the way through is EBA and Phoenix Wright.

12. Zombie_Mario

Member Zombie_Mario GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I try to finish one game at a time unless I'm stuck and I switch to something easier. Right now I'm playing Hotel Dusk but when I'm tired of reading I play Super Princess Peach. I don't like to play numerous games at once. I lose interest in one faster. 2-3 games is the max for me.

13. ediblebird

Member ediblebird GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I always finish games but i mix it up a bit. Variety IS the spice of life

14. pkprostudio

Member pkprostudio No

United States
    I usually play a game until I find a new game, then play that game, then play a new game, and repeat. So it's very long until I go back to the first game...

15. The_Sympt0m

Newcomer The_Sympt0m Advanced Member

United States
    I play more than one at a time, but make it a point to actually finish them. Since I just got my R4 at the beginning of the summer, I am just now getting to the point where I'm finishing games regularly. But with consoles I beat most games I start.

16. jgu1994

Member jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    like everyone else, if the game is very fun, than i can easily play it through. However, if the game sucks like NSMB, I never finish.

17. tipsy

Member tipsy GBAtemp Regular

China
    Many at once. And then I think they're all boring.

18. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    I play about 5-6 at once, completing them all eventually. My old cart didn't have much space on it, so I'm used to focusing on a few games at a time. [​IMG] Usually a platformer, two puzzles, something random and another platformer for when I get stuck on the first [​IMG] (I get frustrated easily).

19. flai

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    Tell me I didn't just read that...
    NSMB is one of the only games I actually played all the way through without playing any others.

20. ausroller

Newcomer ausroller Member

Australia
    I actually bought NSMB, Yoshi's Island, and Tony Hawk's American Sk8land a while before I got my R4; So I played the absolute crap out of those 3 games. If it's a choice between thoroughly playing a game and enjoying lots of games, I'd have to pick enjoying lots of games.