Gaming Do you need to wiggle your d-pad to get a boost in Mario Kart 7 like you needed to do in MK DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Wolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Unfortunately no, they do not reward you for wiggling the DPad. It's a real let down, apart from this the game would be great.

Thank you. I never liked it personally so that's what I was hoping for. Good idea for more game options though isn't it.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
snaking IS cheating. period.

edit (some people like to get into semantics about the definition of the word "cheating")

snaking IS trolling. period.

MK7 online races are infinitely better because of this. everybody has equal chance of winning.
if winning a match of MK means that much to you to get bloody thumbs and a broken dpad, then you are insecure and need to get a life.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
I don't understand what you are talking about. "Snaking" just means drifting repeatedly throughout a race. Drifting is a part of the game, it tells you how to do it in the instructions manual. Why would you think snaking is any different?

But let's define what is cheating. Cheating means using unfair methods in doing something. So is this cheating? NO. In fact, it requires skill to master it. Basically, it separates Mario Kart players into two categories: The True Experts and the Advanced players. That's it.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but you said it yourself, "using unfair methods". if something is too difficult for 90% of the players then its an unfair advantage.

just like using steroids in sports. if every player is using drugs to win then it defeats the purpose.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MK7 online races are infinitely better because of this. everybody has equal chance of winning.
if winning a match of MK means that much to you to get bloody thumbs and a broken dpad, then you are insecure and need to get a life.

If you take something like that seriously, then I don't think you have the right to tell other people to "get a life."
It's a built-in method to win; if you can't pull off that maneuver, then so be it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you. I never liked it personally so that's what I was hoping for. Good idea for more game options though isn't it.
In fact, it's a disadvantage, as moving in the opposite direction of your turn while powersliding will make it take longer to get a boost. I like it this way as well but have a friend who hates it.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you take something like that seriously, then I don't think you have the right to tell other people to "get a life."
It's a built-in method to win; if you can't pull off that maneuver, then so be it.

you dont have to be seriously into a game to be annoyed by another players behavior.

whenever theres a time i happen to be playing with people less skilled than me, i hang back in 2nd place until the final lap, then get the slipstream for the win, or save a red shell until the last second. the other player feels like they almost had a shot, and i can have a good chuckle because i pulled one over on them. a good time was had by all. but when some freakishly obsessed japanese kid comes on and just ***** everyone else in the game, theres no fun in it anymore, because whats the point.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
._. I looked at this thread...and just...wha...

Synopsis of the story so far:
- Guy is butthurt over being bested by a tryhard who could do snaking, thus it is cheating.
- People are like "wut, it's in the game, it's not cheating".
- Random bitching ensues.

And then I entered this thread, took a quick look at those posts. All I could think about this entire time was "you know, I could never wave dash or dash cancel or tech or spike or any of that fancy stuff...I should just claim they are all cheating." So you know what? All those SSB pros? Fuck that, I'm the best, they are all cheaters. I can derp around and defeat my friends, but once one of those asshats that can tech and stuff crush all of us, I need to just bitch at him about how 90% of us can't do that shit, so he should stop cheating. I'm sure things will go well. I mean, it's not like it was MEANT to be like that. I'm sure the game developers weren't like "HMMMMM....I feel like if we shift this guard frame back some, they have like 3 frames where they should be able to cancel out of the landing animation and rape face".

tl;dr : If you aren't winning, you are losing. If you are losing, you aren't skilled enough at winning.

As a side note, guess what. I had a suitemate who was good at SSB and whenever we played with all four inhabitants of the suite, we would all get face rolled. This never stopped me from trying to kill him during the fight, and when we did a 1v1 without spectators, I ended up face rolling him. If you try Osu!, literally like EVERYONE will face roll you because you have to be playing some god tier shit to even get to rank single digit thousands, but almost nobody bitches about other players in Osu because they tap really fucking fast or that their aim is godsend or that their accuracy is millisecond perfect. You just play, enjoy the fucking beatmap with everyone else, and get every ounce of pride pounded out of you as get hellishly face rolled as the other guy gets a full combo.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
._. I looked at this thread...and just...wha...

Synopsis of the story so far:
- Guy is butthurt over being bested by a tryhard who could do snaking, thus it is cheating.
- People are like "wut, it's in the game, it's not cheating".
- Random bitching ensues.

And then I entered this thread, took a quick look at those posts. All I could think about this entire time was "you know, I could never wave dash or dash cancel or tech or spike or any of that fancy stuff...I should just claim they are all cheating." So you know what? All those SSB pros? Fuck that, I'm the best, they are all cheaters. I can derp around and defeat my friends, but once one of those asshats that can tech and stuff crush all of us, I need to just bitch at him about how 90% of us can't do that shit, so he should stop cheating. I'm sure things will go well. I mean, it's not like it was MEANT to be like that. I'm sure the game developers weren't like "HMMMMM....I feel like if we shift this guard frame back some, they have like 3 frames where they should be able to cancel out of the landing animation and rape face".

tl;dr : If you aren't winning, you are losing. If you are losing, you aren't skilled enough at winning.

As a side note, guess what. I had a suitemate who was good at SSB and whenever we played with all four inhabitants of the suite, we would all get face rolled. This never stopped me from trying to kill him during the fight, and when we did a 1v1 without spectators, I ended up face rolling him. If you try Osu!, literally like EVERYONE will face roll you because you have to be playing some god tier shit to even get to rank single digit thousands, but almost nobody bitches about other players in Osu because they tap really fucking fast or that their aim is godsend or that their accuracy is millisecond perfect. You just play, enjoy the fucking beatmap with everyone else, and get every ounce of pride pounded out of you as get hellishly face rolled as the other guy gets a full combo.

somewhere in your verbose diatribe your point was hopelessly lost.

smash bros is a Fighting game. the entire point is learning combos. and they are specifically designed around personality types that love learning and pulling off combos. Racing is a different genre.

but it still applies. if you get to the point where you completely master every aspect of smash bros, why would you bother with N00bs?, wouldent you WANT a worthy adversary? raping some little kid that just started playing for the first time just makes you look like a total jerk with nothing better to do.

its no different than Counting Cards in Vegas, or using steroids in pro sports. just because you can do something dosent mean everybody should be allowed.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
somewhere in your verbose diatribe your point was hopelessly lost.

smash bros is a Fighting game. the entire point is learning combos. and they are specifically designed around personality types that love learning and pulling off combos. Racing is a different genre.

but it still applies. if you get to the point where you completely master every aspect of smash bros, why would you bother with N00bs?, wouldent you WANT a worthy adversary? raping some little kid that just started playing for the first time just makes you look like a total jerk with nothing better to do.

its no different than Counting Cards in Vegas, or using steroids in pro sports. just because you can do something dosent mean everybody should be allowed.
All right. Maybe I shouldn't jump on the shit pile here, but it's been a while since my last foray into Twitch chats. Here goes.

Games are for playing. Playing is for having fun. If beating someone else is fun, go ahead. If sandbagging is your style, do it. If you're not having fun because you're a whiny loser with no skill not as motivated to learn the game or just plain talented as someone else, just don't play. There is no distinction between genres like "Racing games are more casual than fighting games, so skill in racing games is cheating". You make a game as casual or pro as you want it to be. If you want to play casually, it's unrealistic to expect someone who plays to win to go easy on you. Why would they? Why should they?

Reactions: Edgarska and NEP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1