do you need the internal speakers for sound with a ds lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by shadowmoon522, Jun 28, 2015.

1. shadowmoon522
    OP

shadowmoon522 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    or can you just cut them off & use the headphone jack only? its not like their that powerful as far as sound go's.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Even if it was series wound with the headphone jack, or some kind of crazy detection, then you could always join the former speaker wires with a suitable resistor.

That said if you want more sound then I would look at some kind of small amp, traditionally I am probably supposed to say altoids amp is a good search term (it is not bad but small amps are easy enough to find).

3. shadowmoon522
    OP

shadowmoon522 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    its more along the lines of laziness and cheapness. my kitten destroyed the ribbon wire for my top screen lcd during the time i was walking up to the mail box to get the shell that came that day and i'd rather not have to get a soldering kit with the replacement lcd top screen i'm gonna get when i get the money to spare.
    i mostly just need it so i can send pokemon from Colosseum & xd gale of darkness up to my pokemon x after i beat the elite 4 & use my r4.

4. Retro_Mod_Gamer

Retro_Mod_Gamer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Canada
    Yes you can just use the headphone jack if you prefer to not connect the speakers.