Hacking do you need HAN tools to use ps3 cfw

boscocraftXD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need someone to explain this to me....

I just found out about the HAN toolkit on PS3. i need 2 answers

1. what is the difference between the previous exploits and this?

2. do I need to install CFW to reap the rewards?

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAN allows for various tools (like installing backups of PS1,PS2, PSP, and PS3 games) to be used on previously unhackable PS3 hardware versions (some slims/super slims). CFW is not involved to do the things HAN does, however, if you have a CFW capable ps3 it'd probably be better to install cfw.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

i need someone to explain this to me....

I just found out about the HAN toolkit on PS3. i need 2 answers

1. what is the difference between the previous exploits and this?

2. do I need to install CFW to reap the rewards?
1.The diffrence is han allows ofw to run backups and xmb mods (such as coldboot and custom waves) without cfw installation.Its mainly for ps3's that are 3000 or superslims.However han will not allow homebrew or online mod menus since you cant run custom eboots on ofw and ccapi is homebrew based so no infectable mod menus either.

2.No but you dont need han if you are on a fat or 2000 slim that has a base firmware of 3.56 or lower.

If you are unsure of what you can do with your ps3,go to http://ps3xploit.com/#,go to flash writer and download minVer pup which is a modified pup that will tell you what firmware your console shiped with.

If it shipped with 3.56 or lower then you can install cfw.If its 3.57 and above you go for han.

Last edited by ,

boscocraftXD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.The diffrence is han allows ofw to run backups and xmb mods (such as coldboot and custom waves) without cfw installation.Its mainly for ps3's that are 3000 or superslims.However han will not allow homebrew or online mod menus since you cant run custom eboots on ofw and ccapi is homebrew based so no infectable mod menus either.

2.No but you dont need han if you are on a fat or 2000 slim that has a base firmware of 3.56 or lower.

If you are unsure of what you can do with your ps3,go to http://ps3xploit.com/#,go to flash writer and download minVer pup which is a modified pup that will tell you what firmware your console shiped with.

If it shipped with 3.56 or lower then you can install cfw.If its 3.57 and above you go for han.

oh. okay. thanks for explaining that... i know more about nintendo homebrew... im still new to playstation...

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D