Do you look at reviews before buying a flashcart?

Do you look at reviews before buying?

• Yes, and I wouldn't consider buying one without a review

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but if there wasn't a review I would still consider it

• No, I think reviews aren't useful

• No, I forget to look

• Total voters

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a quick question regarding reviews
Oh, and if you have the time please could you say which site you get your reviews off the most. If it's GBAtemp do you look at reviews on any other site?

Thanks
- Sam

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do I have to answer?
biggrin.gif

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont buy anything without reading up on it first. Here an example i would read gbatemps review for a flash card and then i would ask around as well to make sure im getting my moneys worth
cool.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but only if I'm really debating with myself on purchasing the product (or if the product is hella expensive). Even then, I like to read as many different reviews as I can due to the fact that I can never seem to find a reviewer that closely mimics my preferences.

However, if I really have my heart set on purchasing the product, I'll snatch it up in a second, reviews or not.
wink.gif

Quick Edit: Videos of the product in action is always a big plus
wink.gif

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I always read reviews before buying. If I'm gettign a flashcard, I'll look at GBAtemp. For game reviews, I check Gamespot.com and IGN.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It varies, some reviews are not worth my time and some are: I do not have 3000hours (aka 4 months) to test something but I do much prefer going and looking at a new screen/TV before I drop some wedge.

In the end I guess reviews help but for I tend to buy (games, PC equipment....) the reviews are out of date by the time I come around as drivers and software are typically improved and customer support is gaugeable.

I suppose the other thing is I have no qualms whatsoever about ripping something to pieces and tweaking it to my own ends before using it.

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
I awlays read a review before buying a product, it is a must nowadays because you never know what you're getting and you nee reassurance.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some people have thier cards maybe you could ask them how it performs. i dont understand why reviewers dont have it yet because reviews boost sales
unsure.gif
The Team are also reluctant to give any details of our samples... No shipping notification or anything...

- Sam

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do look at reviews for electronics. For example, dealextreme has like 1,000 earphones...How am I going to choose which one to buy? Looking at reivews by fellow costumers. Flashcarts yes I look at reviews. But because a website gives a flashcart a 10/10 and another flashcart 8/10 doesn't mean im going to buy the 10/10 one. I look at what features are good for me and not how high the rating is.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Uh, yes! Anyone who doesn't is just plain thick. Electronic goods don't come cheap, some have numerous known defects and I can't even imagine buying one without knowing what I was letting myself in for.

(Edit) By "review" I mean the ones written by customers who actually have used the product. No matter how good a job they do magazine reviewers miss things that customers pick up on, the kind of things that a fellow customer like me might find useful to know.
happy.gif

fischju_original

I used to be a jerk before i got banned
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm an extremely informed shopper. When I bought the SC CF, it was clearly a better choice than the M3 CF because it cost less than half as much, and I don't play GBA games.

But I take all reviews with a grain of salt

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah usually I go for reviews but I'm becoming inpatient with the cycloDS so I'm just going to buy my G6 real now := )

some people have thier cards maybe you could ask them how it performs. i dont understand why reviewers dont have it yet because reviews boost sales
unsure.gif

QUOTE said:
Yes it has been a while since I posted some news, and it will probably be a short while before more news is added however I wanted to let you know that I am NOT forgetting about my website
wink.gif
. I’ve received samples of the SuperCard DS one, the G6DS real and the CyclopDS evo (the first two I’ve had for a while now) and am going to review them of course. I’ll probably put the SC-DS versus the G6DS reviewing both of them in one go. As they are both from the GBA scene’s most well known teams it will be an interesting read (I hope) also because they both are quite different products.
As for the CycloDS evo, I could of course try and rush out a review to be “the first to have one posted” as you know, that’s not my style. I want to work with the unit a bit (of course I already have a view as to how it performs, I’ll write something short up below).

http://blog.scorpei.com/?p=58

I'm not going to write anything more soon as I want to use a product before writing my review. Use it an no other product (only handle another one as comparison for a feature) so I can give a good, nonbiased impression of how a user (both with low and higher technical skill) feels about the device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...