Do you listen to albums?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Today: One or Two Times....Unfortunately Musicians/Bands today are no longer "able" to produce
70 - 80 Minutes of "continuing good Music"....🙄

Earlier Music - of course, for example "Dark Side from the Moon" by Pink Floyd or "Music from the Elder" by KISS are Albums that I could listen to for Hours and Hours .....💖😊

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Never. I find every single song I enjoy enough that I find it worth keeping around individually, and put it in one ‘master’ playlist that I put on shuffle when I want to listen to music.
I’ve found that in general, whenever I find one I enjoy that’s a part of an album, I usually only enjoy 2 or 3 of the songs in that album at most.

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do listen sometimes to older albums, the sequence of some albums is deeply rooted in my system.

Mostly though I listen to spotify playlists and a couple of radio stations to get some more random music.
Does anyone know if you can block 1 album from an artist? Fuck Kanye's new album, it's songs are like a rash in recent playlists.

Pixel64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I usually listen to albums once and add the songs I like to a respective playlist. Sometimes I'll put on an album if I like all the songs on it (Max & Match by Odd Eye Circle :D)

Underbeddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for me, I`m a big fan of listening to all kinds of music! (I`m meloman but like more rock and 90th music :lol:)
But because of my studies, I can't enjoy the songs of my favorite artists so often (
I've been playing playlists of songs on YouTube, basically putting them in the background.

I'm already lost in the time count I feel a bit sad about it((( Is it okay?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for me, I`m a big fan of listening to all kinds of music!
That's very good, openness to learning/enjoying different kinds of music, from different eras/genres/styles is a gift in my eyes, as you aren't quick to judge something until you give it proper time/listening..
like more rock and 90th music :lol:)
Good choice! many great (rock, alt, punk, metal, Shoegaze, Triphop etc) acts emerged from that era, from RATM, GD, Nirvana, AiC, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, MBV, Weezer, Faith No More, Portishead & many many others.. all great music, you really can't go wrong there.
But because of my studies, I can't enjoy the songs of my favorite artists so often
You can use the Pomodoro Technique, it's 20~25min of studying then after it another 20~25min of doing something YOU like, in this case listening to music, then repeat over and over as much as you like.
You get more work done this way, as it's like giving yourself a reward for studying for 25min straight, and with much improved focus and without the risk of getting bored..

Reactions: Underbeddy

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I like the band, absolutely I'll listen to their album through and through, and if it turns out I love that album, it will be in my regular rotation. I absolutely love a brilliant cohesive album from start to finish.

However, we also live in an era where making a "mixtape" as it were (or a playlist by today's terms) couldn't be easier or more straightforward. So the desire to only grab select songs from musicians I'm overall not crazy about, but they have a few good songs here and there, is so easy to fulfill, that it is no wonder why straight-up listening to albums from start to back is not nearly as common as it used to be.

And I get it, there are problems with this, so many diamonds in the rough get passed over because people will check out of an album if it doesn't immediately keep them hooked, especially with so much possible music to digest, no one wants to waste time listening through each album that they might possibly enjoy or just to look for the good songs, especially when the structure of the music industry today makes it so easy to find the universally loved songs from any musician.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
any open questions?
7CC85CC7-7ED7-4FCA-B629-D4FF9D6D1315.jpeg

Reactions: CoolMe

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I listen to an album when I first buy it. After that, it gets put into my collection of 24k songs on shuffle, never to be heard from again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning