DO you Like the GP2x f200

DO you Like the GP2x f200

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont have one

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

blueskies

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
826
Trophies
0
Age
37
Location
Santa Barbara, CA
XP
253
Country
United States
i have the f100, but I never use it. i mainly bought it for emulators, but everything else has emulators already. the only thing i've found that was really cool was portable Cave Story.

the f200 looks cool, how are the controls? the joystick on the 100 is terrible.
 

airpirate545

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
757
Trophies
0
Age
28
Website
Visit site
XP
391
Country
United States
always thought it was cool but never thought it was worth it to play a bunch of emulators on the go for 150 bucks
frown.gif
 

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
2,866
Trophies
0
Age
41
Location
Currently in Chicagoooooooo
Website
Visit site
XP
275
Country
United States
I have the f100 V3 and don't find the controls to be bad. Honestly it seems like its easier to do a half circle on the GP2X than the PSP.

I use mine for DivX on the fly which 80% works while the other 20% need to be recoded. However recoded saves mega space anyway. 350 Megs to like 30 or something.

the CPS2 emulator is strait up tits as well
 

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
3,783
Trophies
0
Age
49
Location
Out of the corner of your eye
Website
Visit site
XP
71
Country
WeaponXxX said:
Looks hard to hold though....but I'll buy one for sure.

To be honest, they haven't finalized the design 100% yet ... that, along with the Debian support, is what has pushed back the launch slightly.

If you go to openpandora.org, look in the top right-hand corner, and you'll see someone holding one ...
 

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
7,761
Trophies
0
Age
50
Location
Wales, UK
XP
882
Country
I'm loving the Pandora so far. It does look a little clumsy to hold but I think it's just because my brains equating the keyboard as part of controls so it looks more awkward than it really is. The GP2x didn't do haf as well as it should have, if it was from a big company it would've been a massive seller. Still shows how strong it is, usually consoles with no 3rd party support die immediately but they haven't.
 

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
287
Trophies
0
Location
In your neighborhood.
Website
Visit site
XP
12
Country
United States
I love the GP2X F200. Its a great machine with a beautiful screen. In many ways its the best portable emulation device on the market (for now). I know PSP can do more, and in some areas it excells, but the F200 has a screen that old school games look fantastic. Plus it has AV out that works on almost any TV.

I have great hopes for the Pandora. I've been following its development since it was first announced as the Craiginator. I have no doubt it will become the best emulation portable on the market. Even though it is a big on the large sided.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/hkpyXTZ