OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So do you like Paypal?

I personally don't, because I have to wait like 3-5 days or sometimes even weeks to clear a transaction.

What about you guys?

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Paypal isn't a bank. Paypal isn't held to the same standards and regulations. Your money is not safe with Paypal. Use a credit card if you are handling transactions online.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind it I guess, I mean I've never had any problems with them, and websites using it helps to "prove" that they're
not scamming you.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The idea behind it is nice, it's also pretty common, most shops/whatever have it as an option, and it's a good alternative if you don't have/want a credit card. I've used it many times when I had money, and never had any problems (notice the "hads").

Now, the problem is that the company isn't that nice as the system, nearly no customer support, and it's unsafe. I wouldn't use it for anything big (just for some small payments). Also, currently I even can't use it, because I can't put any money on my account, the bank adress that PayPal gave me doesn't exist anymore.

So right now, I'm pretty pissed.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I only use it when ordering stuff from DX and ShopTemp. I don't like or dislike it, it is just a means of making transactions online, it is the one I used first and I don't plan on changing my methods, because you don't fix something that ain't broke, do you?
wink.gif

xx_cutie_xx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Usually it's fine when I order stuff from the internet at ShopTemp and eBay.
So I like it, but I remember when my bro used PayPal someone was able to use his credit card to buy other stuff. o.O
It was pretty weird but we also use Google Checkout sometimes too.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not a huge fan. I'd only use it if I have to. I'd use a debit/credit card if I have the option as you generally have more protection on those with charge back etc.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I personally think I am about to fall in love with PaySafeCard to allow myself to buy stuff from the Steam store. No need to give out personal or bank information, just go to the next kiosk, gas station or grocery store, buy codes for the amount you need to pay, enter them at the checkout, ????, profit. By purchasing the codes on a just-in-time basis (they are available at intervals that allow €5 increments above €20 and €10 increments below) I can prevent too many funds getting stuck in a closed account, furthermore, I do not have to give out my bank information or reveal any personal data. I am looking forward to testing it when Valve has a source game I am interested in on a good sale (and I do not have to fear excessive censorship).
Some Pre-paid credit cards (like Visa Electron) might qualify for my main rationale against credit cards (that is me being pretty sceptical regarding the entire concept of credit), but PaySafeCard wins for privacy and cash-equivalence reasons (no sign-up, no transaction fees, no personal details).
PayPal, on the other hand, wants to be linked to a bank account, and wants personal info, and is known to handle both money and information quite liberally, so I will not get it unless I have no other choice.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Paypal scammed me.

They just randomly took $50 from me because the person who had sent the money to me owed money to Paypal (via another account).

And Paypal just took it from me... And I had done nothing wrong.... They do what they like with your money, and answer to no one....

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oO lucky i had no problem with paypal yet !

I even had luck once already where i did not get my stuff but my money back (that was when dealextreme had so much problems and many ppl were complaining)

and atm i am waiting for a respond because I am not sure about beeing scammed or not.
Someone here on the forums sold me a used iphone and i payed one month ago and he said he send it out the same day ... now after one month with only one answer to a pm (after i told him i would report to paypal) there is still nothing here so i reported ... will see what happens next

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs