Do you like Paypal?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by trumpet-205, Aug 23, 2010.

?

Do you like Paypal?

1. I like it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I hate the f****** Paypal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm okay with it I guess.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Paypal? What is that?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. trumpet-205
    OP

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    So do you like Paypal?

I personally don't, because I have to wait like 3-5 days or sometimes even weeks to clear a transaction.

What about you guys?

2. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
    Paypal isn't a bank. Paypal isn't held to the same standards and regulations. Your money is not safe with Paypal. Use a credit card if you are handling transactions online.

3. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    I only use it when it's absolutely necessary.

4. monkat

monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

Banned
    May 21, 2009
    United States
    Virginia
    I don't mind it I guess, I mean I've never had any problems with them, and websites using it helps to "prove" that they're
    not scamming you.

5. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    The idea behind it is nice, it's also pretty common, most shops/whatever have it as an option, and it's a good alternative if you don't have/want a credit card. I've used it many times when I had money, and never had any problems (notice the "hads").

Now, the problem is that the company isn't that nice as the system, nearly no customer support, and it's unsafe. I wouldn't use it for anything big (just for some small payments). Also, currently I even can't use it, because I can't put any money on my account, the bank adress that PayPal gave me doesn't exist anymore.

So right now, I'm pretty pissed.

6. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    I only use it when ordering stuff from DX and ShopTemp. I don't like or dislike it, it is just a means of making transactions online, it is the one I used first and I don't plan on changing my methods, because you don't fix something that ain't broke, do you? [​IMG]

7. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
  8. johncenafan427

johncenafan427 GBAtemp Fan

May 11, 2010
    United States
    Troy, Michigan
    paypal works fine for me on ebay.
    so yeah, i like paypal!

9. xx_cutie_xx

xx_cutie_xx GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2010
    The Bay
    Usually it's fine when I order stuff from the internet at ShopTemp and eBay.
    So I like it, but I remember when my bro used PayPal someone was able to use his credit card to buy other stuff. o.O
    It was pretty weird but we also use Google Checkout sometimes too.

10. DigitalDeviant

DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    paypal is my preferred method of payment.

11. superrob

superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Apr 4, 2007
    GBATemp factory.
    I allways use paypal [​IMG]

But well the thing that my card is a visa electron helps. Since i never keep money on it when it doesn't need to be there

12. DigitalDeviant

DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    I do the same thing, best security measure really.

13. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    Not a huge fan. I'd only use it if I have to. I'd use a debit/credit card if I have the option as you generally have more protection on those with charge back etc.

14. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I see no real reason not to like paypal, so I guess I like it.
    It gets the job done and is free, so I can't complain.

15. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Gambia, The
    I personally think I am about to fall in love with PaySafeCard to allow myself to buy stuff from the Steam store. No need to give out personal or bank information, just go to the next kiosk, gas station or grocery store, buy codes for the amount you need to pay, enter them at the checkout, ????, profit. By purchasing the codes on a just-in-time basis (they are available at intervals that allow €5 increments above €20 and €10 increments below) I can prevent too many funds getting stuck in a closed account, furthermore, I do not have to give out my bank information or reveal any personal data. I am looking forward to testing it when Valve has a source game I am interested in on a good sale (and I do not have to fear excessive censorship).
    Some Pre-paid credit cards (like Visa Electron) might qualify for my main rationale against credit cards (that is me being pretty sceptical regarding the entire concept of credit), but PaySafeCard wins for privacy and cash-equivalence reasons (no sign-up, no transaction fees, no personal details).
    PayPal, on the other hand, wants to be linked to a bank account, and wants personal info, and is known to handle both money and information quite liberally, so I will not get it unless I have no other choice.

16. gameboy13

gameboy13 Orange and fluffy since 1995.

Mar 21, 2010
    United States
    The Fur Side.
    There's no reason not to like it, so yeah.

17. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    Paypal scammed me.

They just randomly took $50 from me because the person who had sent the money to me owed money to Paypal (via another account).

And Paypal just took it from me... And I had done nothing wrong.... They do what they like with your money, and answer to no one....

18. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    oO lucky i had no problem with paypal yet !

I even had luck once already where i did not get my stuff but my money back (that was when dealextreme had so much problems and many ppl were complaining)

and atm i am waiting for a respond because I am not sure about beeing scammed or not.
    Someone here on the forums sold me a used iphone and i payed one month ago and he said he send it out the same day ... now after one month with only one answer to a pm (after i told him i would report to paypal) there is still nothing here so i reported ... will see what happens next

19. ThatDudeWithTheFood

ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    Have no reason to hate it but Im not in love with it its a buisness and wants my money

20. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2010
    United States
    I like Paypal, I see no problems with it. I personally have not had any problems using it to buy anything.