Hacking Do you like having a flashcart that autoboots to the menu or not?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For instance, the CycloDS does not. You still have to select it, but I think it's nice since you can still use Pictochat and DS Download Play. I'm not sure about the other flashcarts, but I know Supercard autoboots to the menu and skips the DS menu all together. I don't know if you can go to the DS menu without having to remove the SCDS from the DS or not. Anyways, what do you prefer? Flashcarts autobooting or not?

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I like it because on YSMEnu, you can press Start Select to go to DS Menu or Start X to boot GBA
And you dont have to do the touch here warning screen.

Theres a homebrew program called Back2FW that goes to the DS Menu I think

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
The NCards, the EZV and the G6DS Real (and the CycloDS Evolution) are the only carts I know that can be selected from the DS menu.

And the Acekard RPG (and probably the other ones too)

I hate skipping the menu. I like seeing the main menu. This topic should have been a poll

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By the way, with any cart that first goes to the DS menu, you can set the DS options so that the flash cart loads immediately after the health screen if you want.

So personally, I prefer having the option. I actually keep the DS option disabled so that I select the flash card from the DS menu, which allows me to change settings, play a GBA cartridge that is in slot 2, or receive a download play if I want without having to use back2fw from the flash cart menu.

-Bri

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
I've got an Acekard RPG that doesnt natively auto-boot, but I've got it soft-modded (not flashed) so that it does auto-boot. It skips the health/safety and goes straight to menu
when I turn on the power.
It's more convenient to me for restarting.
I'm interested to know how. Care to share?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Love it very much. I don't need to tap that warning screen and that's a good thing. Also I've lost any reason to ever boot into the firmware and then the flashcart after I put the firmware dump on the memory and I can boot it from inside the flashcart.
tongue.gif

golden: that 'soft mod' is probably a firmware flash

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I like auto-booting because personally the only thing I would do on the main menu would be to select the DS slot-1 card, so it would be a waste of time for me to not have my flashcart auto-boot. Pictochat is not really that useful and I've only used the DS Download play once. If you really need to use the main menu (to change settings for example) it's not that hard to pop the flashcart halfway out.

weebwobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the pull-the-battery trick so it skips the warning screen every time but it does have some drawbacks like your clock being wrong. Here's one of my favorite features on the cyclo: Just before the cyclo progress bar finishes loading hold L1 + R1 to boot the last game you played.

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4 boots straight to its firmware and I was using it for about a year before just switching over to the AK2 which boots to the DS menu. Does not matter to me either way but it's nice to know that the DS menu is still alive and accessible even though I do not use it much(or at all).

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would love to see the menu without it taking control and bringing me to the menu for my SuperCard .
Harder work to use homebrew just to get to the menu !

I feel that i would've have been better off getting a AceKard 2 instead of a SuperCard .

But still i would prefer if it didn't still !

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I prefer to have it not autoboot. Like Monster On Strings said, it feels more professional as well as it allows me to use my DS as an alarm clock without ejecting the cart. Just a minor convenience for me
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1