Gaming do you liek Final Fantasy XII DS?

do you liek Final Fantasy XII DS?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• maybe - explain with a post

• Total voters

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better than most FF games that is for sure.

Still the same shit characters.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it's really good! First I thought it was strange and hard.. but after I tried a few battles I understood how it all worked and I loved it!
smile.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have finished it multiple times already, and I used to have an incredibly strong Anastasia but then my save got corrupted some way or another and I can't find a backup of it anywhere. I spent 300+ hours getting the Anastasia that strong...

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the worst RPG I played on the DS, but nowhere near as good as FF2 and FF3 on the SNES. The story was stupid, the characters were annoying, the music sucked and the combat was hard to control.

I don't like FF at all anymore.
dry.gif

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
It was fun but sometimes pretty easy (send everyone together and kill everything), but the final level was f-ing hard with the enemies level 99 I think (i.e impossible).
I still got my save from 26.1.08
laugh.gif

Funny that I never finished the PS2 game also (got bored near the end).

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i enjoyed it but i like most RTS games even the really bad ones =D so i might be the wrong person to say its a good or bad game but i can definitely say i liked it =P

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pitman said:
It was fun but sometimes pretty easy (send everyone together and kill everything), but the final level was f-ing hard with the enemies level 99 I think (i.e impossible).
I still got my save from 26.1.08
laugh.gif

Funny that I never finished the PS2 game also (got bored near the end).
it's easier if you skip one of the side missions.
the insanely hard final level is a reward for completing all missions.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
No one loves Vaan, ever.
Bringing his poor orphan friends into the adventure didn't help either.

Storywise it is one of the better spinoff games.

Its competition is X-2, Dirge of Cerberus, and Crisis Core.
Gameplay is a little boring. They kept the charming art style and soundtrack of Ivalice which IMO was a great idea.
Its a shame they made Vaan a main character. I don't like how they stripped the Gambits and the RTS gameplay isn't my forte which was Build up your squad, invade a checkpoint, rinse and repeat.

But FF12RW compliments FF12 better than FFX-2 to FFX.

Short answer, I like FF12RWDS, but would have liked to see it go a different route.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's decent. One of the few RTS games on DS really worth playing (including Robocalypse), actually one of the few DS RTSes period. I found the story pretty forgettable, but the gameplay was decent. Missions were pretty repetitive though usually being getting from point A to point B. Occasionally mixing it up with boss battles or some different objectives here and there. Graphics were excellent I have to say. Really lovely 3D environments that push the DS pretty hard and massive amounts of nicely drawn 2D sprites. It had some minor lag when there were enough people onscreen at once, but that only happens when you go overboard with the onscreen characters and create over 30 or so. The engine they used can take a ton of punishment in the visual department. I could actually see a Pikmin game in this style.

I'd probably give the game a 7/10. I liked it enough to beat it once but never wanted to play it again or complete most of the optional stuff. I'd say it's good, but the story and characters are quite dull. It's not very hard at all either. I found the game quite a breeze actually. If you want a good DS RTS, i'd recommend Robocalypse over this one. Much more authentic RTS experience and very fun with some great humor and characters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: just found out theres osu for nintendo ds