Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all, I've never swum in my life

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bryce

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a pool and lived about 30mins from Malibu, so I was a pretty good swimmer. I was chubby when I was younger so I was pretty buoyant.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Swimming classes are mandatory in my country's school system (in 3rd and 4th grade). But I knew how to swim beforehand, my parents signed me into a swimming school (in a local public poolhouse) when I was in the first grade.

Now, I go swimming about three times a week - for medical reasons, since I underwent a big spine surgery a year ago. Also, every summer, I visit Croatian islands (I always go to the same place, but unfortunately, the tourist camp was shut down last year by the tourist inspection
frown.gif
. Oh well.) and swim at least 2 kilometres each day (I usually stay there for two weeks).

I don't consider myself an ace swimmer, but I'm not that bad either.
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
(I always go to the same place, but unfortunately, the tourist camp was shut down last year by the tourist inspection
frown.gif
. Oh well.) and swim at least 2 kilometres each day (I usually stay there for two weeks).
Oooh, where, where?
smile.gif

Swimming classes are mandatory in Croatia too, but I learned swimming long before that, when I was still very little (3). My grandparents live on an island (Prvic ), and I used to spend several months a year there (not so much now... work, college, life... I can only scrounge up a week or two a year...

:'(

cry.gif
)

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sure do, been swimming since I was about 6 years old.

Can't wait until summer is here again, ready to hop back into my grandma's nice swimming pool
smile.gif

Dunny

Trophies
XP
Country
Lived by the beach (East Coast, UK) when I was a kid, and so I learnt the hard way - either swim or drown :-)

Grandfather threw me off the back of a boat, which kind of gets you in the mood *real* quick.

Loved it, used to swim for miles. Once you'd got past the undertow you could go really far out without difficulty. I never learnt through any formal route, so never gained any certificates or learned any particular style. I'm still a very strong swimmer, but the ol' wetsuit hasn't had an airing for a couple of years :-)

D.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Certifed, nothing fancy though
smile.gif
standard stuff in the netherlands. (comes with school )

EDIT: almost forgot
rofl2.gif
Im also a SSI (like padi) diver with 5+ logged dives
tongue.gif
but hey thats just controlled drowning

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: