Gaming Do you have to use the touch screen for zelda?

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tell me which ones of the zelda games use the touch screen to move the character/camera/whatever. I hate touch screens.

3DS - OoT uses touchscreen for 2 additional item slots (X, Y, I and II), dunno about MM but possibly does too, other than that nothing
DS - Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only the DS games Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks use the touchscreen to move your character / swipe your sword / equip and use items. In the 3DS titles (A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D) the touchscreen is used to change into first person view, accessing the map and status screens as well as for equipping / using items, which can mostly be also done by other means (circle pad, d-pad, a button etc.)

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the DS games Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks use the touchscreen to move your character / swipe your sword / equip and use items. In the 3DS titles (A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D) the touchscreen is used to change into first person view, accessing the map and status screens as well as for equipping / using items, which can mostly be also done by other means (circle pad, d-pad, a button etc.)
Okay, thank you all. I was asking because I fucking hated Spirit tracks and Phantom Glass because the controls made me want to commit suicide. I've never played Zelda on a handheld since then.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Okay, thank you all. I was asking because I fucking hated Spirit tracks and Phantom Glass because the controls made me want to commit suicide. I've never played Zelda on a handheld since then.
on the 3ds zelda games you use the analogic stick and keys to control, the touchscreen is used as extra buttons (like item selection)
pretty much this..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup