Hacking Do you have any idea how to fix a freezing Wii???

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, so my WiineaPig arrived this morning and I'm now testing it:

1. It start and boot into the Main Menu, but only for 3sec, after that the Wiimote is still sync'd but the sounds goes off, and nothing else works.
2. I can go to Maintenment Mode with helding down + 'n - at the safety screen, and when the message apears over Main Menu it doesn't freezes, but after accept, guess what??.........right, it freezes..!!
3. If I go directly to the settings in less than those 3 secs, I'm in a safe place and it doesn't freeze, everything works perfect, but the EULA, have a few glitches on it.
4. The SaveMii free (GC controller) doesn't boot the Zelda.
5. It does a hummm sound all the time
6. the top of the cherry....................drum roll...............................*splash* it is on 3.4

I'm going to install a ModChip tomorrow, I don't see the case since it can't boot any fakesigned info, but maybe it help me in some way, and I think I'll have to call OzModChips to have them sending me and Infectus (and learn how to use it), and/or a SaveMii dongle, and see if that can do the trick.

I really think it is either the SysMenu or the IOS30 the ones damaged, I tryed to do an update, but it recongnizes the 3.4 and tells me it doesn't need the update 'cuz it is on the latest FW, so if you are reading this and have an idea, post it and if it works I'll thank you, if don't I'll send a virus to your Wii
rofl.gif
(yeah right..!!)

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would serve it some Hot Chocolate and wrap it in warm blankets. You don't want the nand to get frostbite.

BTW, I installed IOS36DIP7 to IOS21 and now have all cIOS running. Don't notice any problems as of yet. Will have to play with homebrew with it.

As far as the freezing Wii goes. I assume you tried it with a second power supply. If it's out of warranty my next step would be to disassemble it and get a can or two of freeze spray and see if it's a heat related problem. Does it freeze up at random, or does the time it takes before it freezes seem to be fairly consistent. A test you can do is put the cpu outside in the cold (if it's cold in your area) and run the cable through window or something and see if it doesn't freeze when it's kept cold. You could always let it run for a short period in refridgerator also if you need to do that to keep it cool. I think first step though is determine if it's heat related. This is of course only relevent if it's a hardware issue as opposed to corrupt operating system.

Edit: Crap, how did i not read the first post. Disregard my nonsense.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading something about a program that can pretend it is the wii update server (think false proxy) if you download updates from the server to your computer... maybe you can grab the files for 3.4 and host them on this fake update server but change the reported version number to 3.4.1 of 3.5 etc to force an update that way... this is the only thing i can think of.

EDIT: So far all i can find is the update manager which lets you download the update to pc... Maybe thats what i was thinking of.... but then if we know whats needed to get the updates, then we should have the knowledge to emulate the nintendo server... in which case if i was imagining this being done already, then why hasn't it? This would be the ultimate way to softmod, as you could have a fake update install your cios's and anything else you want for you. no more need for twilight hack.

EDIT 2: Tomorrow im going to take apart one of the updates and see how they are put together to determine how realistic something like this would be. If it seems plausible ill start searching and examining the way the wii interacts with the update server and try to emulate it. I figure if updates can give us new channels then we should be able to replace those channels with a channel of our choosing, kinda of like how we repack wads now.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
I remember reading something about a program that can pretend it is the wii update server (think false proxy) if you download updates from the server to your computer... maybe you can grab the files for 3.4 and host them on this fake update server but change the reported version number to 3.4.1 of 3.5 etc to force an update that way... this is the only thing i can think of.

EDIT: So far all i can find is the update manager which lets you download the update to pc... Maybe thats what i was thinking of.... but then if we know whats needed to get the updates, then we should have the knowledge to emulate the nintendo server... in which case if i was imagining this being done already, then why hasn't it? This would be the ultimate way to softmod, as you could have a fake update install your cios's and anything else you want for you. no more need for twilight hack.

Its fairly illegal and yeah it mentions it in the EULA I think. If any one wants to host it, go for it.

But yes if we could get that working it would be awesome
/slightly off topic

I cant see any way of doing any sort of fix without a modchip. So get one I guess

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have checked and it doesn't freeze every three seconds, it freeze whenever I point at any of the 6 original channels, everything else works, but the noise is still there, I'm uploading a video so you can see this, it doesn't have the HBC or BUL0.3 Gamma yet..!!!
frown.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes that were my first attemps, but hence it is at 3.4 already, it tells me that there is no new update for it, the format when well, but the update stops when it check that I'm on 3.4...!!!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually I bought it cause it was doing this
tongue.gif
but the lady who sell'd me didn't gave me any information besides: ".......my son was playing and suddenly it starts to do this, and I don't want it anymore..blah blah blah..", so the question of wich FW version does it have, went down for a tube
laugh.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No HBC yet, it doesn't let me even point at any channel, only settings, maybe an autoboot disc with a ModChip but it needs to be not fakesigned, cause the FW version is 3.4..!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...