Do you have an HDTV?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Link5084, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Doomsday Forte

Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2007
    United States
    We bought a 52" Sharp a couple of months ago for the living room, and I'm looking to get a 26" for moderately cheap so I can use it for games, computer, and TV. I have a massive 32" ancient type of TV, and it's definitely showing its age. =\

2. Deadmon

Deadmon A Temper

Nov 8, 2002
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    I got a lot of HDTVs at my place, but that's because my dad works for a electronics warranty company, so he deals with TVs and such all the time.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I consider HDTV a rip off/emperor's new clothes for the masses and as monitors have been there for the better part of 20 years I am not going for it.

This being said most people I know have now replaced their TV reception with a modded xbox/PC and only have a TV for the purposes of a bigger output than a monitor or just because it works still and no need to throw it out.

4. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    I have a 108" plasma in my closet, and my bedroom walls are made of LCD displays.

5. Link5084
    OP

Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    108"? Are you serious? Where did you buy it and how much did it cost?

6. DarkLG

DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Indiana
    Nope I don't have an HD.

7. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

hells yes and i love it

8. myuusmeow

myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    We have 2, one is a small, just guessing 22" in my parent's room and another 32" as a main TV. First one just gets OTA ATSC, second one is a victim of LCD abuse. (regular old non-DTV TV) Both are something like 1366x768 resolution. We also have 2 non HDTVs, one in my room (13") which doesn't work (I need to buy a remote, a converter box and an antenna) and one in the upstairs living room (32").

EDIT: Just remember my desktop has a TV tuner that I usually use to record TV, and its monitor is 22".