ROM Hack Do you have a need for a more mature game?

Do you have a need for a more mature game?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• No

• I dunk donuts and have no opinion

• Total voters

EVIL9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.evilart.biz
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, a friend and me are currently writing a design doc for a platform game that we want to develop as a "currently" homebrew game.

The game is in simple terms an exploration game. The goal is to explore, take out threats that may danger your life, and in the progress, recover your memory and find out more about yourself because you are suffering from amnesia

The character constantly comments on its surrounding
QUOTE said:
"whats this piece of junk!" *kicks, *robot sentry comes to life "oh shit! .. ehh .. down boy .. you ain't getting my bones!"
with comments that are humor full (that younger players might not get) and make the player really get into the character.

The game will be a single player experience and we are currently in the discussion if we want to make a mature game or a typical Nintendo game that is suited for all ages above 6.

So there is the question,

do you have a need for a more mature game?

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i want 21 and above games!!!
So add that to "we want immature games," right?
nyanya.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, make it like my oppinion on a mature game...
Where there is this exploration... maybe not bad language, but more mature humor maybe,.... and deeper.. make it so much deeper than the average game...

like the diff of a childrens book and a "mature"-book... haha

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, a mature game just means not all flowers-and-bunnies. Yes, I want more mature games on the DS.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I didn't spot a single curse word in Hotel Dusk, yet I found it ten times more mature than metal gear or GTA.

Using "mature" language only means you're whoring yourself out to fifteen-year-olds who don't have a clue about what being a grown-up means.

PS : If you wanna code YOUR game, why even ask OUR opinion in the first place?
smile.gif

EVIL9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.evilart.biz
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because we value the players opinion. If they would like to see certain things in a game they haven't yet had a chance to do then I'd like to consider it.

And this is an issue we would like the people who play DS games opinions on.

We don't want any cursing in it unless it adds to the characters character and has any humor value. It just doesn't improve the story in anyway if we would put in fuck 230 times. I'd rather just put in smart comments in there that kids don't get.
so no, mature isn't just swearing and sex. (the latter being difficult since him ATM being the only human there, unless you would like to see a 28 year old male hitting it off with a giant mushroom kind of plant that explodes into spores)

"hope this doesn't give me Candida"

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
what issaac and rayder said

i want a few of those too. not that i don't like all flowery trippy games but a bit of variety and options is always welcome

edit: and what evil also said just above me ^^

EVIL9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.evilart.biz
XP
Country
Netherlands
cool.. I will post a new topic with a public version of the design doc once its finished. I need it to get some attention from the homebrew community for this project, since we are in drastic need of a good programmer. I am also in the middle of figuring out graphical styles for the game, which I will add those to the topic as well once finished.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.