Do you guys think the rumor is true about Sega?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been hearing from several sources that Sega may come out with a console this generation and was wondering on the possibility of that happening. As much as I love Sega and all their amazing games I don't think I like the idea as I want my Sonic and Mario games on one console. You guys really think Sega would do this?

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Since most SEGA games suck, imagine the console they would make
wtf.gif

I know that I can't compare games to consoles but, SEGA doesn't like to finish there work.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
wtf.gif

I know that I can't compare games to consoles but, SEGA doesn't like to finish there work.

Yeah, Sega games suck!

Like Bayonetta. And MadWorld, And Vanquish. And Anarchy Reigns. And Sonic Colors.

But yeah, Sega games blow!

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sega doesn't have the funds to produce and market a new console, let alone they lost most of there talented developers after the Dreamcast died.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hells Malice said:
There's no room for a 4th console.

This, I promise that people will even think
wtf.gif
why did they produce a console?! I thought they were only from games.

*Asks around* WTF sega made consoles in the past. Naha should not trust them and buy Café, PS4 or Xbox 720.

Fudge said it right. They lost all of it.

Gordon freeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
AlanJohn said:
wtf.gif

Yeah, Sega games suck!

Like Bayonetta. And MadWorld, And Vanquish. And Anarchy Reigns.

Platinum Games did it

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordon freeman said:
Guild McCommunist said:
AlanJohn said:
wtf.gif

Yeah, Sega games suck!

Like Bayonetta. And MadWorld, And Vanquish. And Anarchy Reigns.

Platinum Games did it

All of those were published by Sega though.

Sega is a bigger publisher than a developer nowadays.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^
Valkyria Chronicles was developed by Sega.
Just, FYI. That's really the only defense you need to pull for "Does Sega make good games?" lol.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Sega were to make a console, they wouldn't stand a chance.
Even if the games were good, no one would take the gamble to actually buy the console over tried and true companies like Sony and Nintendo.

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine if SEGA and Nintendo made a console together after the cafe. Nintendo would have games like Bayonetta, etc, etc, on their console.
ON TOPIC: Anyway I think the rumor is a blatant lie, SEGA will not make another console since the only 3 competitors (making loads of money...) are Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony. [and Maybe OnLive]. After the fall of Dreamcast, I don't think SEGA will make another console.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
No

because of the following reasons
-Sega isn't what it used to be. They simply don't have the capital to design, manufacture, market and support a console. They're barely surviving as a publisher.
-As said earlier, there is no room for a fourth console. What role would Sega have to take? The powerhouse console? PS3(/4) says hi. The affordable console? The Wii/Café says hi. The motion gaming console? MS, Nintendo and Sony say hi. The awesome arcade, 2D-style game console? That would be so awesome. But too bad that's something of the past. People want visually stunning games, FPS's preferbly.
-Sega doesn't have the resources to make killer-app, exclusive games for their own console.

EDIT:

Wait. I've got a brilliant idea. Sega should make modern arcade cabinets. That's a hole in the market. A blue ocean strategy!
ohmy.gif

ChaosZero816

Temp's Official Random Member
Trophies
XP
Country
No.

Sega already lost in the console wars. The moment Sega released a new console is the day we will have a game published by all companies joining together that will be on every console that exist.

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lube_Skyballer said:
No

because of the following reasons
-Sega isn't what it used to be. They simply don't have the capital to design, manufacture, market and support a console. They're barely surviving as a publisher.
-As said earlier, there is no room for a fourth console. What role would Sega have to take? The powerhouse console? PS3(/4) says hi. The affordable console? The Wii/Café says hi. The motion gaming console? MS, Nintendo and Sony say hi. The awesome arcade, 2D-style game console? That would be so awesome. But too bad that's something of the past. People want visually stunning games, FPS's preferbly.
-Sega doesn't have the resources to make killer-app, exclusive games for their own console.

EDIT:

Wait. I've got a brilliant idea. Sega should make modern arcade cabinets. That's a hole in the market. A blue ocean strategy!
ohmy.gif
Sega could... err... umm... BLAST PROCESSING!!!

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, SEGA wouldn't be noticed and successful enough as a console manufacturer anymore; think about it, in every generation, there was no more than 3 big consoles going at each other, and any more didn't get the attention the main 3 did, and sometimes even the third didn't get enough attention due to being so far behind the others):

Atari 2600, Colecovision, Intellivision (over 9000 multi-game/pong consoles nobody cared about or knew, eventually Atari 5200, Oddysey 2)

NES, SMS (Atari 7800)

Genesis, Super NES, TurboGrafx 16 (Jaguar, 3DO, NeoGeo, CDi mah boi)

N64, PS1, Saturn (pippin)

PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, (Dreamcast not as noticed; life cut short by PS2)

So yeah, not gonna happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: