Do you guys recommend me buying a 3DS now?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Jakob95, Aug 6, 2011.

?

Yes or no?

1. Yes you should buy the 3DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No its a waste of money the system is a disapointment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buy it later

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Aug 6, 2011
  1. Jakob95
    OP

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    I was wondering since now the price lowered should I get the 3DS? Currently I don't see any good games and I don't enjoy Zelda. But I mainly want to get one for Kingdom hearts, Professor Layton, and phoenix Wright. But with the money I can also get a PS3 so I am not sure if I should get the 3DS or not.

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    You pretty much gave the answer yourself, there is no games you like yet so why get it?

And you said you like Kingdom Hearts, that could take ages for it to come out. We all know how Square Enix is.

3. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Personally, if you save fast, get a PS3 first, then get a 3DS for christmas.

Your games will only come Winter 2011, some 2012. Christmas seems the best time to get one. (Unless you want the ambassador thing, which IMO isn't worth it unless you love GBA marios)

Don't get me wrong, the 3DS is a good system. At $169.99, it's pretty nice. But I'd suggest you get it on a later date unless you have no more system to play your DS games (but still want a system which plays 3DS games/with analog support)

I won't vote on the poll though as you seem like asking whether you should get it now.

4. Da Mafia

Member Da Mafia GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't think the 3DS is a disappointment, but I wouldn't recommend that you buy one either if you aren't interested in any of the games that are currently released.

5. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I would recommend getting the 3DS in Christmas/next year, and getting the PS3 now. The PS3 (obviously) has a bigger game library, and you can enjoy that while the 3DS's library builds up.

By next year, the 3DS should have some great games, like Devil Survivor, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Kid Icarus Uprising.

6. yusuo

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Nah I own both and at the moment the 3DS is a waste of money, lack of good software makes this so, you don't necessarily need to wait for the games your after, but just wait for a good few IP's to come out and then your good.

Personally I own DOA: Dimensions, Pilotwings and OOT3D and the only one I constantly play is DOA but only for its online features.

I would say wait until the end of the year beginning of next for stuff like Metal Gear, Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D then we'll actually see if the console can survive the long run.

After they've come out see how good the console is then and if then the console has a few good ideas in the pipeline and a promising future get one, i had stupid money at launch thats why i splashed out, biggest regret yet

7. Jakob95
    OP

United States
    Oh I forgot about the PS Vita. Maybe I will get that instead. I just enjoy some Nintendo games like Mario, and I had lots of fun with my DS so I think I am expecting the same fun I had with the DS with the 3DS.

8. Slyakin

United States
    The only problem is that we don't really know what kind of games the Vita will market with. The PSP tried to appeal with mainly Japanese niche games, and that didn't go so well. So either Sony is gonna take a new approach, or just stay the same.

That discretion is up to you. Maybe give the Vita a year as well?

9. chris888222

Singapore
    Good choice, but Vita will only come in 2012 for US/EU. [​IMG]

As for the bold portion, that is debatable. The 3DS has slightly more robust online than the DS (not as good as Vita obviously but at least it's improved) and games like Mario Kart 7 will have that improvement. Here! But still, it's not really THAT impressive if you really want to compare it to Sony's handheld giant.

PS Vita is awesome, but the launch date is still months away. Perhaps you should start saving!

10. Phyl

Newcomer Phyl Member

United Kingdom
    I don't think the system is a disappointment... But the current game selection is poor. I think you should get a 3DS but like others have said, more games are going to be released around Christmas. So that would be a good time to get one.

PS3 on the other hand has many good titles. So at this moment in time, it's probably better to get a PS3. By the time you save up for a 3DS there may be better games available.

11. Slyakin

United States
    Well, you should really understand that we have no idea how the online system for the Vita is gonna work. It could be the same bullshit that the PSP had (basically impossible to get online unless you have a PS3).

The DS had better online.

12. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Buy the PS3, you can get some good titles for pretty low prices (Uncharted 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta etc)

Get the 3DS when there are actual games you're interested in.

13. chris888222

Singapore
    Just a suggestion to the OP: You might want to make your poll more detailed. 3DS now or later? For example.

14. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would definitely recommend one right now. Even if you don't get any games, find one at the lowered price and become an ambassador. There's no way they will drop it again. You might as well get nearly $100 worth of free eShop games even if you're just waiting for future titles.

15. ninditsu

Member ninditsu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No. use the saved money for games on eshop you actually want. or future titles you actually want.
    play DS while you wait.

happy buying!

16. Jakob95
    OP

United States
    Also I forgot to say that hacking the system is very important for me since I really can't afford games all the time.

17. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Forget about both the PS3 and 3DS than.

18. Slyakin

United States
    Then... don't buy either.

19. chris888222

Singapore
    3DS isn't hacked yet (in 3DS mode), and once you hack PS3 = bye bye online.

At least you can still pirate DS games [​IMG]
    Just sayin.

20. Jakob95
    OP

United States
    I mean it would be better for me to buy the system if the games are long. Most DS games were pretty short.