Do you guys prefer my "Half-human" avatar? or...

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Your cat avatar was dumb. I'm glad I can go to the EOF and see this cute girl instead of seeing that cat picture I hate so much. Thank you.

Your post confuses me. Kingy starts his sentence out with "do me a favour," how is he not asking Noctosphere to do something?
I mean Kingy never asked for opinions on his avatar

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Na i was only kidding my friend.
Guy in english is another way to say Man so Guys would be a group of Men.
I'm pretty sure I've seen "you guys" refer to a group of either gender / mixed genders in TV shows.

Last edited by smileyhead,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure I've seen "you guys" refer to a group of either gender / mixed genders in TV shows.
In America it is used to describe a group of people that are mixed. Here in Britain it os only used to describe a group of men. Even the dictionary says guys is a group of men.

Reactions: Noctosphere

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In America it is used to describe a group of people that are mixed. Here in Britain it os only used to describe a group of men. Even the dictionary says guys is a group of men.
Idk for you, but here in Quebec, dictionaries don't show plural words :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am extremely bias when I say that I love Miia because I fucking love scalies.
thx btw^^

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by AmandaRose,

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps so but look up the word guy in the dictionary then you will see you are using the word in the wrong context and see why some woman would be upset of you said guys lol. https://www.vox.com/2015/6/11/8761227/you-guys-sexism-language
“You guys” isn’t sexist and shouldn’t be seen as that. It’s lost its exact meaning as it’s said so often. It’s definitely isn’t just a “US thing”. Nobody intends saying “you guys” to be sexist.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
“You guys” isn’t sexist and shouldn’t be seen as that. It’s lost its exact meaning as it’s said so often. It’s definitely isn’t just a “US thing”. Nobody intends saying “you guys” to be sexist.
But the point is some woman do see it as being sexist or derogatory you wouldn't call a group of woman or a mixed group dude's so why is guy's acceptable??

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
“Some women” see spreading your legs as sexist and derogatory. And yes, we call a mixed group dudes, too.
I would love for you to come to Scotland and call a mixed group dudes because you would be heading straight to the nearest hospital probably with a high heel lodged somewhere lol (for the record I dont care if people say guys just trying to have a friendly debate also never heard a mixed group called dudes as like i said if you did that here in Scotland a riot would break out)

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would love for you to come to Scotland and call a mixed group dudes because you would be heading straight to the nearest hospital. (for the record I dont care if people say guys just trying to have a friendly debate also never heard a mixed group called dudes as like i said if you did that here in Scotland a riot would break out)
Huh. Scotland is really that sensitive? Glad I live in England then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.