Hardware Do you guys prefer AGB (original) or SP form factor?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You've been doing the stock non backlit OG?

Thats gotta stink, the screen part. but I hear the non backlit is the best for outdoors
Well I don't actually use my OG GBA these days, if I want to play a GBA game I'll just emulate it on one of my other various handhelds, but whenever I get around to upgrading the screen in my OG I'll probably actually use it more

Reactions: playstays_shun

Jonatan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
definitely the SP, i just love the clam-shell design, and my hand just melt into the console, on the original GBA my hands get sore after a couple of play hours.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the og gba. I backlit it a while ago. I had an sp for a LONG time, but sold it. I also got a gba micro. It was cute, but totally unusable to me. It was hard too see and uncomfortable to hold. Sold it too.

Lumpy64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
welp I'll just get this out of the way, I think the SP is kinda ugly. Like it's very functional obviously but it doesn't look very nice, so OG everyday. That's why I finally got an AGB, It's beautiful and its beside me rn :gba:

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SP (001) - first console I chose myself = the best, not to mention the prestige factor when the headphone jack memes started

To date I'm still pissed off at how they don't make consoles so portable anymore (small DSi/O3DS/N3DS aren't too bad size wise but they have shitty batteries)

Yeah, you need to disassemble and clean the L/R/Power buttons every some years, but not a huge deal

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SP (001) - first console I chose myself = the best, not to mention the prestige factor when the headphone jack memes started

To date I'm still pissed off at how they don't make consoles so portable anymore (small DSi/O3DS/N3DS aren't too bad size wise but they have shitty batteries)

Yeah, you need to disassemble and clean the L/R/Power buttons every some years, but not a huge deal

I love, loooooove my N3DS. I have a N3DS XL too, both dual IPS, but N3DS is my main squeeze.

Sold my top IPS bottom TN Yoshi green N3DSXL because I don't even really use my Zelda XL as it is...

--

I'm really digging how much excitement there is for the OG phatty.

I love the og gba. I backlit it a while ago. I had an sp for a LONG time, but sold it. I also got a gba micro. It was cute, but totally unusable to me. It was hard too see and uncomfortable to hold. Sold it too.

I've been tempted to try a micro, but best I've seen is like $120 and thats still a lot for one imo. it looks cool but not sure about a 2.0" screen functionality wise, for longer than a few minutes or certain games.

Not missing SP at all?

Last edited by playstays_shun,

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't played on the AGB and while I do think it would be more comfortable, I do like my SP having a top screen that isn't wedged between the buttons/my hands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1