Do you get colllector bundle often?

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are tons of games that come with merchandise in some collector edition, most recently BOTW special/ master edition. And they are really expansive especially due to low stock.

Last edited by Yil,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not usually no. I almost got it for Destiny and looking back, I should have. But normally no. I might get the Day 1 Edition for some fun DLC weapons or Tarot cards (in the case of Persona 4 Arena) but that's about it.

Reactions: SomecallmeBerto

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would I buy one to flip later? Sure.
Would I buy one for me? It had better be considerably cheaper, fortunately many such things are a few months down the line when the main reason I don't buy them (lack of space I care to use for them) also troubles warehouses.

Nothing I have ever seen has been worth it at the time and anything that might have come with some DLC or something will invariably have that any bug fixes when the game of the year version hits at some point in the future. Everything ever bundled with something has been a cheap piece of tat, save for art and music which I have a perfectly functional* computer with screen and speakers to experience that with.

*usual caveats about it being my computer, me being one that knows how to use/fix them and thus will look like it is being held together with dust and wishes.

Call me a cheap, joyless bastard (add in lazy and you have the epitome of man as far as I am concerned) if you will but that would be my approach to such things.

Reactions: SomecallmeBerto

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any time it's a game I really like and want to support, definitely. Especially if it has cool/funny/interesting stuff.
I enjoy being able to buy a collectors edition of a game and then pirate it so I can keep it pristine but still be able to play the game.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Never. I get a game for the experience, not for something I consider useless junk (meaning: plastic stuff, T-shirts,...). I bought 3 game guides during my life (original c&c, sim city 2000, starcraft 2) and eventually threw these away too.

(heh...I'd throw away the extra subtitles, interviews and documentaries on DVD's as well if it wasn't attached to the movie :P )

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never bought a collector's edition for a game, though as a kid, I had the Zelda collector's edition disk (with the windwaker demo).

I also refuse to spend $60 on a game*, so asking for more is a nope. I get games when they hit $20-30 on, sometimes (rarely) I'll spend $40.

* With two exceptions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(heh...I'd throw away the extra subtitles, interviews and documentaries on DVD's as well if it wasn't attached to the movie :P )

Please don't encourage this behavior, I hate when there's no subtitles.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I shamelessly spent hundreds of dollars on collectors editions. I want a special collectors edition console though. I wish I had the MGSV PS4 but those are overpriced and hard to come by.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only ones I have are The Elder Scrolls and Fallout collections.
Also a few 'limited' editions, but those are all pre-order specials that sell at the same price as the regular edition.
I certainly don't care about statues and t-shirts.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Please don't encourage this behavior, I hate when there's no subtitles.
Erm...perhaps I should have stressed my ephasis a bit more:

I'd throw away the extra subtitles, interviews and documentaries on DVD's as well if it wasn't attached to the movie
I'm Dutch. As such, I prefer Dutch (or English, if unavailable) subtitles in the first place. All others I really don't need. I get why they're there, but that doesn't make them somehow usefull for me. :-)

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I used to buy collectors editions whenever I could. Hell, to this day I still have my Master Chief helmet I got with Halo 3 Legendary Edition displayed proudly. The issue I'm finding though, is that a lot of "Collector's" and "Deluxe" editions just aren't worth it anymore. Most of the time it just comes with an in game "collectable" that has little to no benefit, and even if it does come with some sort of cool physical item, these days it's usually just something cheap that gets old immediately (the Pip-Boy from Fallout 4), or something that just isn't worth the extra cash. It's kind of a shame, those upgrades used to be a nice splurge.

Reactions: Ericzander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1