Do You Game With Your Significant Other?

Do you game with your significant other?

• Not really, we have different taste in games...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious as to how gaming fits into the average temper's relationships. Personally, I feel somewhat fortunate that my wife hop on the Xbox with me from time to time. We've played a fair amount of Borderlands, CoD, and Soul Calibur together. A ton of Mario Kart when we had a Wii. We've been playing through a mission or two each night in Aliens: Colonial Marines lately and I'm thinking of moving on to Hunted: The Demon's Forge next...

I've found that if I ask her, "Hey, do you want to play through Aliens with me?" she's likely to say "not really". But if I start the game and put the controller in her lap she can't help but pick it up.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, all the time! We buy games together and we always try to have matching systems - game sharing takes the toll off of both of our wallets and keeps us both entertained. She's a gamer big time, just like myself, and it's very comforting that we have similar interests. It's always great to share a passion with your significant other. :yay:

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't have a significant other now. But my first girlfriend (out of 2) and me used to play a lot of games together. Zelda, Eternal Darkness, Mario... Aaaand we had a special relation to Silent Hill. Me playing, and she watching, comforting me........... heh

Reactions: Presto99 and Foxi4

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I was with my ex, we were big time gamers. The only time we watched TV was when we were eating dinner. Surprised I got action from her to be honest, but eh.

Well, yeah, it's kind of hard not to. I need both hands for the controller.

:cry:

For some reason, that reminds me of Drew's part:

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well as I said in that other thread about your skinny-ness, I'm too young to be in a relationship, but my sister plays a lot of video games with my brother-in-law. He's more interested into stories and roamiing etc, like The Last of Us, MY SISTER LOVES THAT GAME..

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, but not as much as before - she'll play Animal Crossing these days sure, also plenty Skyrim, she got the full 1000gs on Lego LOTR, Fallout 3, maybe the odd game of Burnout Paradise.. but like the games themselves, she's mainly single player. Oh aye, Sims 2 - we've got a neighbourhood going there still, had the same one for years now, still play on that every now and again...

Go back a few years though, and now we're talking! Gen 1 & 2 Pokemon springs to mind first, we each had a GBC, plus a copy of the game, and used to battle once a week, every week! Even kept score! Mario Kart was another biggie... nowadays the kids are old enough so they've taken over, but on the odd occasion we'll get 4 players going (hell, even managed 5 player Mario Chase on Wii U for half an evening recently as her sister was stopping over, another gamer!)
Yeah I'm lucky! :D

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Almost every time my gf and I are at each others house. At mine we usually play something co-op. Her room is very small and having a 2 player setup would quite messy. So there we take turns playing or just watch the other. Sometimes we will just have one person on console and the other on handheld. Lately I've been guiding her through FF13; hopefully by the time Lightning Returns comes out we'll be able to play alongside each other.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It happens, but most of the time we play 1-player games like Sims, Rayman, Pokémon, Kirby,... The thing is she's more the platformer-type and I'm more an action and RPG guy. That and besause I don't have that much multiplayer games :D

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
1. Sop I love you. ;P I've seen you around for years on this site and it's nice to see you're still here and doin what you do.

Actually yes! My girlfriend totally loves Animal Crossing so we play that, and she's actually borrowing my Ocarina of Time 3D right now. It's always sweet going to her house just to find she's been playing some Smash Bros. ;D

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infrequently, but yes. I've gotten my girlfriend into World of Goo (single player, obviously) and Minecraft on my SMP server, which is currently down. We've played Mario Kart and some other wii games together before, but nothing too substantial. She has a very overactive imagination and tends to get scared by things, especially in games, incredibly easily, so she ended up quitting Portal when she got to the turrets.

I've tried to get her into other things.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Infrequently, but yes. I've gotten my girlfriend into World of Goo (single player, obviously) and Minecraft on my SMP server, which is currently down. We've played Mario Kart and some other wii games together before, but nothing too substantial. She has a very overactive imagination and tends to get scared by things, especially in games, incredibly easily, so she ended up quitting Portal when she got to the turrets.

I've tried to get her into other things.

Lingerie?
1. Sop I love you. ;P I've seen you around for years on this site and it's nice to see you're still here and doin what you do.

Actually yes! My girlfriend totally loves Animal Crossing so we play that, and she's actually borrowing my Ocarina of Time 3D right now. It's always sweet going to her house just to find she's been playing some Smash Bros. ;D
Aha, thanks man. That's more than most people say about me. I try to keep it real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2