• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Do you find nazi imagery offensive?

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really no. But I can understand why it could piss some people off. Honestly I find the modern concept of youths shouting "Nazi" at people somehow more offensive just because of the fact that they really do not seem to grasp the nature of what the Nazi's really were and the shit they did to various people and groups. A very short sighted offensive remark to call someone and completely throwing the entire umbrella of the history and crimes of the Nazi's on someone who may simply have a different opinion on things than you would.

I mean how long would it go until you call a WWII veteran a "Nazi" because he has a different opinion of politics than you do? Hell if anyone did do that they would probably have their arses rightfully beaten just for the disrespect alone.

The swastika is actually a Buddhist, Hindu, and Jain symbol of luck. It has a deeper meaning than most people realize, but the western world only knows the swastika as the evil symbol

So in the west, yeah Nazi imagery is offensive as crap because it typically denotes one meaning: Nazis.
But if I was at a Buddhist temple in Kyoto, I wouldn't mind seeing a swastika chiseled into the thousand year old temple wall, unless of course it wasn't a part of the original structure and some dummy was being a vandal.
Also this as well.

Reactions: WG481

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
No. It is part of history.
But I find it offensive how little Germans have learned with regards to Russia. The Germanic Anglo-Saxon desire to destroy Russia has never gone away. Germans would probably be enemies of Israel if they were American enemies. It is easy to forgive friends.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at odds with this question. I despise the Swastika, as it meant the pain n suffering of non believers in the cult.

And yet, there are games about the era that I have and play.

Only in gratification of shooting these enemies, and even waste some of my ammo shooting at the symbol.

oui vey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.