Do you find GBAtemp is a crusader platform?

Deleted member 568892

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The politics section has people constantly crusading over vaccines and there's a stickied thread about Russian propaganda spammers. Certain members post LGBT content consistently and there is a group about it. This is a gaming website so I think sensitive topics which inevitably lead to members having digital crusades should be prohibited. They detract from the purpose of the website. Crusaders should stick to Twitter and Reddit.

Deleted member 568892

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the staff who commented here and I are on a slightly different page.

I believe that if a topic is both not gaming related and excessively polarizing it should be banned. We can discuss cannibis legalization because it is not excessively polarizing. We can discuss Dexit because it is gaming related. We can't discuss vaccines because it is both excessively polarizing and not gaming related.

The staff seem to think that all political discussions should be banned.

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think only the political forum should be banned. It's a cesspool of never ending bickering.
This. There are billion of place where you can already discuss politics, why the hell does a gaming website need one too? I guess traffic money is too good to pass on.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The politics section would be a lot better with a few extra zero tolerance policies heaped on top to flush out the undesirables. Any deviation from civil discourse like personal attacks, blatant misinformation, or troll bait should lead to immediate revoking of posting rights in that section.

There is plenty to talk about regarding world news that touches on gaming but it's all soured by people that don't understand the basics of respectful discourse. The pandemic and how it has been handled by politicians has negatively affected many production lines of new games, Steam's ban in China might have consequences for the rest of the users if Valve caves in to losing that massive market, or maybe even just yet another news story about how some politician blames CS:GO for mass shooting Nr. 2837654.
On top of that more generic IT related news might also have an impact on videogames, reselling of digital licenses is still a hot bed where it's legally allowed by practically prohibited by the storefronts, legal changes to encryption standards for transmitting communications might have an impact on online gaming at large, and might be worth talking about with people where the impact is on the same hobby.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended