• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Do you feel the USA is better now than it was 22 years ago?

Are things getting better or worse for the "Greatest Country in the World"?

• Better

• Worse

• It's a mixed bag and very complicated and while I think some things have declined we do also have...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Here's a good video from a GenZ and how the left has been manipulating you - luckily she has seen the light.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Here's a good video from a GenZ and how the left has been manipulating you - luckily she has seen the light.

Interesting, if that is representative of school in the USA today, then it seems to be more concered about establishing a social hierarchy than teaching anything of substance. That is an indicator that the country is becoming seriously estrogen dominant.

Reactions: mrdude

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At some point it seemed like we might be ok or becoming a better place until recent years.

Now we have a group that is slowly trying to turn the US into a christian based theocracy, while hypocritically spouting about the bill of rights and amendments ignoring the freedom of religion and separation of church and state.

And like most things under a theocracy, things are starting to turn back to shit.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
At some point it seemed like we might be ok or becoming a better place until recent years.

Now we have a group that is slowly trying to turn the US into a christian based theocracy, while hypocritically spouting about the bill of rights and amendments ignoring the freedom of religion and separation of church and state.

And like most things under a theocracy, things are starting to turn back to shit.
Yes and they are in conflict with the church of woke. Two dragons chasing eachother, one older than the other. Nothing good will come off this.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes and they are in conflict with the church of woke. Two dragons chasing eachother, one older than the other. Nothing good will come off this.
So we're clear, "church of woke" = anybody who doesn't believe the same bullshit that white Christofascist men do? Both the bible and other religions run contrary to their beliefs. It has nothing to do with being "old," everything to do with being regressive in the name of authoritarianism. Just a bunch of tools serving their corporate elite overlords, wittingly or not.

Reactions: cracker

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that nothing good will come of it. On the other hand though what is being called "woke" or "Leftism/extreme leftism" is ever expanding to them.

There was a time it did go after extremist, for example the people that called for the death of all white and/or cisgendered men.

Now, however, things like "Wanting to form a union for work" and being vaccinated are considered "woke" or "sheep behavior".

Reactions: cracker and Xzi

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So we're clear, "church of woke" = anybody who doesn't believe the same bullshit that white Christofascist men do? Both the bible and other religions run contrary to their beliefs. It has nothing to do with being "old," everything to do with being regressive in the name of authoritarianism. Just a bunch of tools serving their corporate elite overlords, wittingly or not.
Church of woke is a (saturnian) priestclass (and aspiring plebs), that rather than agruing claims moral high ground by refering to the narratives of hegemonic authority. Those narratives are illustrated by the girl who describes the social hierarchy that gets taught in schools.
I agree that nothing good will come of it. On the other hand though what is being called "woke" or "Leftism/extreme leftism" is ever expanding to them.

There was a time it did go after extremist, for example the people that called for the death of all white and/or cisgendered men.

Now, however, things like "Wanting to form a union for work" and being vaccinated are considered "woke" or "sheep behavior".
Yes, they are sheep like christians. They will follow everything what comes from the top.

Last edited by Creamu,
Reactions: sarkwalvein

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like 20 years would be a better cut-off date that would lead to more diverse answers. 22 years ago puts us in a pre-9/11 world, which while it had it's problems, was practically a utopia compared to the many changes that would follow that one event alone.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
"Free speech for me, not for thee."
Well he identifies as supreme overlord so it is at least coherent.
Y'all are still fucking using that "angry feminist" image from 2016. lol.
Its a classic. It will be remembered when we are the ancients of the time.
I feel like 20 years would be a better cut-off date that would lead to more diverse answers. 22 years ago puts us in a pre-9/11 world, which while it had it's problems, was practically a utopia compared to the many changes that would follow that one event alone.
Calling pre 11sep utopia is strange to me. It really shows how bad things have gotten.

Last edited by Creamu,
Reactions: mrdude

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Calling pre 11sep utopia is strange to me. It really shows how bad things have gotten.
Not a utopia by any means, but the 90s were the only decade of my life when the US wasn't perpetually at war. 9/11 was also the beginning of the new American surveillance state, which is something that has only gotten worse since, and will eventually grow to rival China's. AKA twenty cameras every ten feet.

matthi321

Trophies
XP
Country
im not american and never been there. but based on what i have seen on tv/internet, i feel like the situation was less tense,and people were more tolerant of each others opinions 22 years ago. but i may be wrong, and its just the internet that makes it seems like it gotten much worser

Reactions: sarkwalvein
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi