Do you feel comfy when playing games?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by R2DJ, Sep 14, 2008.

1. R2DJ
    OP

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    London
    Do you just relax and have fun or do you feel a bit strained because your only focus is to win and you get easily PO'ed when you lose?

2. Dwight

Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    Washington State
    It usually depends what I'm playing. If it's a strategy game like Starcraft, I'm usually on the edge of my chair with a headset yelling shit at my friend who sucks, but if it's halo or something that requires no thinking whatsoever, I usually just slouch back in my couch and put my legs up while listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers. Either experience is awesome.

3. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    Depends on what type of game it is.

Although, I've never really been pissed off when losing (Unless the level design is crap and a really dick move has been played). I'm usually pretty relaxed when playing online shooters, and a lot of the time I feel as though I could actually fall asleep in my chair.

If it's something like an RPG, I tend to just lie in bed whilst playing.

4. mcjones92

mcjones92 Kingpin

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    In the ghetto
    I be comfy

5. uberpubert69

uberpubert69 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2008
    United States
    me = relaxed except when playing Gears of War

6. ENDscape

ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Dec 14, 2007
    ``orz
    Same with Starcraft, ill be focusing never taking my eyes off screen for a long time, except for ums maps. I never knew you can use headset in starcraft????

If it was fps games, i just listen to music and pwn at the same time.

7. Salamantis

Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 20, 2007
    Canada
    I'm the type of person who easily gives up on games, even if I just screw up once. I usually DO fail hard at every game I try, leading me to getting pissed off and yeah. I even broke my DS's top screen once when I got pissed, I punched it.

8. PizzaPasta

PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

Jan 2, 2008
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    RPGs make me very antsy anymore. Oddly enough, Dragon Quest IV does not give me that kind of feeling. It only happens with newer RPGs.

9. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    its not a starcraft directly. u would use a third party program like ventrillio or teamspeak.

and yeah i'm the same. i get really pumped when playing intense games like sc (especially 1v1) or halo. gets my blood rushing hehe. but other games, i like to set bak and relax (like rpgs and stuff). though i don't usually listen to music while playing. i like to focus.

10. Dwight

Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    Washington State
    Well, not really that kind of headset. I usually have my bluetooth connected to my phone while I play. But yeah, for ums maps I can be doing really anything, since they require really no skill (except for how amazing I am at sunken defense [​IMG] )

11. Pizzaroo

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Yeah... I am with all games except RPGs, so I pretty much don't play them.

12. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah, I feel comfy. I get frustrated with some games, but not many. It depends on how good I'm playing, and the current mood I'm in.

13. cupajoe

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

Aug 25, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    I'm very relaxed while playing any game. How aren't you relaxed when playing RPGs? They almost put me to sleep...