Do you expect 1080p to be standard for next-gen games?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,669
  • Replies 36

Do you expect 1080p to be standard for next-gen games?

• Yes

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 57.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted_171835

OP
If so, you're in for a shocker. I guarantee you that 720p will still be very common-place next-gen. Devs would rather have more fancy visual effects at 720p than run their game at 1080p.

Or do you disagree?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do expect it a quarter to mid-way through the generation, but not at the beginning. I don't disagree with you, though, because my prediction is mostly based on wishful thinking and the status of where gaming is at this point in time.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
fFvbz.png

Reactions: 7 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
If so, you're in for a shocker. I guarantee you that 720p will still be very common-place next-gen. Devs would rather have more fancy visual effects at 720p than run their game at 1080p.

Or do you disagree?
I agree, except for simpler looking titles. 60fps and better visual effects will always be the priority.

Reactions: 2 people

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't expect it. Devs are all about the graphics, even if it means running lower res and having a horrible framerate. It's apparently sacrifice everything for the pretty colours.

D

Deleted_171835

OP

Or do you disagree?
I agree, except for simpler looking titles. 60fps and better visual effects will always be the priority.
Not sure about 60FPS either. Devs seem content with 30FPS for most games especially when it'll allow them to have more REALISTIC GRAPHICS.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

Or do you disagree?
Not sure about 60FPS either. Devs seem content with 30FPS for most games especially when it'll allow them to have more REALISTIC GRAPHICS.
Maybe later down the line when they need it, I think 60fps will be one of the first stepping stones though.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or do you disagree?
I'd be disappointed if they went 30 for 1080p. I'd much prefer an incredibly fluid game with very crisp visuals than a fluid game with UBER crisp visuals, especially since the difference between 720p and 1080p may not even be all that noticeable.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure if this will become the industry by the next generation (some might hesitate for fear of leaving part of their audience out in the cold), but I definitely imagine it will be more prevalent.

If it's not the standard for next gen, it certainly should be for the generation after that.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I'd rather have great gameplay and shitty graphics. Just saying. Quite frankly I couldn't give two fucks if it was in 1080p or SD, as long as the games are fun I'll probably play them. Probably.
This isn't a gameplay over graphics discussion?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather have great gameplay and shitty graphics. Just saying. Quite frankly I couldn't give two fucks if it was in 1080p or SD, as long as the games are fun I'll probably play them. Probably.
Why are you guys in this peanut butter thread talking about what kind of peanut butter is likely to be more popular?

I'm a nutella fan.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well some expect the other next Gen consoles to skip 1080p and go to ~2k or even 4k.
What do you (more specifically soulx) think about that?

To answer thread- Maybe at one point.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well some expect the other next Gen consoles to skip 1080p and go to ~2k or even 4k.
What do you ([strike]more specifically soulx[/strike] RYDIAN BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO TAKE PART IN EVERY CONVERSATION EVER) think about that?
Not unless the consoles are planned to last a long, long time. Like, until the point when 2K/4K TVs are common in households.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

OP
What do you (more specifically soulx) think about that?
Yeah, that is not happening. Heck 2K resolution televisions aren't even mass-produced yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello