Do you ever fool around in game?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by rest0re, May 6, 2007.

May 6, 2007
  1. rest0re
    OP

Member rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    Do you guys fool around while you are gaming for example crouch while you jump in Kid Icarus or jump up in ropes in Castlevania? I mean way you would be making speedrun for example. Fool around, try to find exploits or just goofing around, or trying to for example cheat boss enemy to do their stupid moves...

2. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    I'm sure anyone who played GTA have killed enough people until the FBI came. I played mafia beofre and that is a story line game, so I would save the game and then kill the don right after a meeting, it's really phun. [​IMG]

3. Bowser128

Member Bowser128 King Koopa

United Kingdom
    FBI? What about the army?

I don't know about trying to find glitches, but I always try to explore and get to 'out of reach' areas.

4. shaffaaf27

Member shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i like taking a [​IMG] tank [​IMG] in [​IMG] gta [​IMG] and casuing destruction untill i get 6 stars...

(oh the joy [​IMG] )

5. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    I spent like 2 hours trying to get to the forbidden city in shadow of the colossus, it wasn't worth it.

6. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

love fooling around in Metal Gear solid 2 and 3 [​IMG]
    other than that... I don't think there's any other game in which I'd enjoy wasting my time [​IMG]

7. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    about 8 years back, with Ocarina of time there was all those rumors about the Triforce hidden somewhere and I spent a lot of time trying to find it anywhere in the huge world of Hyrule

8. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I had a gameshark for my N64 and would always being trying out the weird codes. Beta Zelda stuff, Goldeneye (exploding briefcase bombs ftw), etc. I bricked 3 or 4 gamesharks, but kept buying a new one so I could keep screwing around.

9. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Super Mario 64, I was obsessed with that game.
    There´s a lot of "secrets" and bugs on that game [​IMG]

10. Mars

Member Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

United States
    I love fooling around in GTA.

11. Caoimhin

Member Caoimhin GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Who doesn't? [​IMG]

12. thomaspajamas

Member thomaspajamas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening for GB. Remember that trick where you could press select as you crossed over to the next screen, and then it would put you on the other side of the new screen? My brother and I had a lot of fun with that one. He once tried to beat the entire game without getting the sword. He did get to the end but couldn't actually beat the last boss because you need the sword to do damage to him.

13. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Used to love "terraforming" in 3DO Star Fighter.
    Plus, give me a rocket pack, and I'm happy to fly around endlessly doing nothing, weeee!
    There should be a hidden rocket pack in every single game made!

ROCKET PACKS FTW!

14. lagman

Mexico
    XD

There´s one in GTA San Andreas

15. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    yeah i did that a lot, the glitch was removed in later versions, but at least i have the very first link's awakening gb mono cart [​IMG]

16. rest0re
    OP

Member rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    THIS IS JUST THE STUFF I LOVE TO READ!! MORE PLEASE

I played ninja gaiden today. I finished it under 2 hours but i tried to as much fooling around as possible. For example first
    boss is clueless. You just get up with rope and land behind his back and hit couple times. Also tried to complete level as fast as
    possible. Just jumped and hit sword when enemies came coz I know places 100%.

I need to write here all fooling i did or remember doing.. please keep writing more these stories [​IMG]

edit: gameboy ninja gaiden

17. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    lol, like the rumored Yoshi that was hiding on the castle's rooftop. If you somehow got up there you could allegedly ride him or play as him or something... [​IMG]

18. lagman

Mexico
    Right, when you get all the stars you can get there...but there´s another way, as always [​IMG]

But it´s really, really hard.

You can get also get to the 2nd floor of the haunted house without the stairway, you can get the whirlpool´s stars without the metal cap, etc. [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Sonic 1 and 2 on the Megadrive (Genesis) brings back great memories, it was fun going into the debug mode and adding extra platforms and enemies and then trying to play through the crazy new level.

Oh and I had good messing about with Rollercoaster Tycoon - I was always trying to create the most extreme and insane rollercoasters and coming up with crazy maps and fun ways of drowning the guests.

GoldenEye however is the king, it had infinite messing about appeal, even more so with an action replay... killing off plotline characters, removing clipping from levels, unlocking full maps and all levels on multiplayer, mutilated enemies, 3 handed bond, mine chains, extra multiplayer characters, screwing about with the cutscenes using the domino, slow and fast modes, floating objects etc... dam that game was had longevity!

[​IMG]

20. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    ahh the memories..spent hours getting those stars
    Theres a cannon that opens in the garden at the front when you get all the stars, hop in and you reach yoshi.
    Its kinda gay, he just gives you 99 lives. I was pissed cause I had finished the game, so what was I going to do with the 99 lives [​IMG]