Do you eat Tortillas?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I heat them up if I can be arsed, softens them a bit and also keeps the contents of my tacos/fajitas warmer for longer it feels like. But often I just want food quickly. Tastes the same either way.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
...sure? I mean, do people not? IIRC tortilla's of both kinds (wheat/corn) are like one of the most popular types of "ethnic" style breads in pretty much all of the America's, beats out things like bagels and pita bread and such by miles. I used to occasionally make homemade corn tortillas whenever we'd make tacos for dinner with friends, though lately I haven't bothered of course.

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
...sure? I mean, do people not? IIRC tortilla's of both kinds (wheat/corn) are like one of the most popular types of "ethnic" style breads in pretty much all of the America's, beats out things like bagels and pita bread and such by miles. I used to occasionally make homemade corn tortillas whenever we'd make tacos for dinner with friends, though lately I haven't bothered of course.
Is just that I saw a video of french girls trying to make "Mexican Food" (burritos which are not even Mexican)
And they did it with cold wheat tortillas.
That's disgusting.

Just wondering.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Come to think of It, I've only had corn tortillas warm, in enchiladas. Wheat tortillas I've had both ways. Hmm, I haven't had enchiladas in ages and now I want some.

D

Deleted User

my history with tortillas
>be me
>want to buy tortillas
>they arent sold premade on stores
>new plan, make them myself
>look for recipe
>see corn flour
>go to store
>dont find any
>ask family members
>apparently corn flour here (and in argentina) is sold as " polvo para polenta" (polenta powder)
>notice it is coarser than corn flour i've seen on tutorials (makes sense since polenta is a paste)
>look for the blender
>ask mother where is the blender
>replies she sold it because we barely used it
>forget about it until this post
>remember i now have a blender again
>notice its 22:00 so i cant use said blender because it would annoy the neighbors
>maybe next day

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Prefer wheat ones myself. Usually go for the ones laced with chillies or herbs.
It is the main form of bread that I eat -- might occasionally have some UK cornbread or regular bread if I have a burger or something (though even there I will often slice it up and put it in a wrap).

Don't think I have seen the uncooked ones in the UK ever, and if they are then they are the ridiculously expensive ones in the taco mix section rather in the bread section.

Went to the US and found they were absolutely loaded with salt, to the point where you could actively taste the salt, and then got introduced to the ones you get to warm up yourself.

As as cooking them in general... not unless I am making something with them -- quite like the poor man's tortilla/pizza where you fry one in a pan with some cheese and peppers or something between another, but more often it will be I make a bunch of wraps of meat or something to put in a tray before covering with a meaty soup based cheese sauce. I do occasionally do a vegetarian version (surprising as it may be I do actually get along with some vegetarians) but that much sauce and refried beans ensure I will tinge the air a different colour with all the farting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @StatusN, welcome