Do you eat expired food?

Do you eat expired food?

• Never, that's disgusting!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes, if it's only a days expired

• 1-3 months expired is OK with me

• Always. Expired food is still food afterall!

• Depends what it is.

• Total voters

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as I said in the other thread, sometimes, especially fruit that seems to have an almost random expiry date, fruit like pineapple is usually good for atleast a week after its expiration date (I am talking whole pineapple, not tinned shit)

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's within about week and it still looks fine then yeah, hasn't killed me yet. Only exception is milk and eggs, the thought of milk past it's date just makes me feel ill. That and I have a rubbish sense of smell so I don't trust myself to notice if it's gone off anyway.

Ultramagnus: since when did fruit come with an expiry date? :wtf:

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Psyfira said:
If it's within about week and it still looks fine then yeah, hasn't killed me yet. Only exception is milk and eggs, the thought of milk past it's date just makes me feel ill. That and I have a rubbish sense of smell so I don't trust myself to notice if it's gone off anyway.

Ultramagnus: since when did fruit come with an expiry date? :wtf:

well, if you buy it in carton's then they usually have one printed on that. and M&S have a habbit of putting stickers or hangtags on their larger fruit....

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
H*CK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
breadMold.gif

I buy loads of food, prepare it, let it sit for weeks, and eat it

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've eaten Spaghetti-O's that were 1 1/2 years past it's due date and lived to tell about it and no food poisoning neither. I'll eat cereals that are up to 4 months past its expiration date but nothing else. I wouldn't eat that moldy bread though, but I know someone who ate a couple of slices of moldy bread as a bet, and he got queasy afterwards.

Radio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, so many people chuck their milk out early I'm kinda surprised. Milk can be a tricky one though. I've had the odd carton that starts to smell before the best before date and some that seem ok for several days afterwards. It won't kill you though, just taste funny. You can actually make gone off milk into a kinda soft cheese believe it or not.

The dates for fruit are unreliable so I don't look at those any more and just manually inspect the fruit before eating.
Other stuff depends on what it is. If it's a use by date eg: not a good idea to eat after that date for the sake of your health then I trash it.
If it's a best before date eg: safe to eat but may not be at it's best like bread might be a bit dryer but fine for toast etc... then I normally check it over first and then decide.
If it has anything growing on it it's history. I don't know how people can just cut mold off of cheese and eat the good bits. It might be fine technically but I couldn't enjoy it.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
for me will be depending on the type of food.. which is expired

dairy products like milk, i will always give it a SIP before i drink a whole cup
junk food... well can't be bothered~! as long it taste okay to me
can food... as long it still vacumn sealed... i will go for it.. otherwise... will try a little

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I am very picky on what I eat. My sense of taste must be hyper sensitive, because I can taste things even being a little off. That goes for stuff that still has a proper exp. date. You would be surprised how much stuff sits on the shelves that isn't still good, as the expiration labels say.

Masta_mind257

Trophies
XP
Country
I only end up eating food which expires on the day, the worst i've eat is a packet of crisps (potato chips) that's been open for a day. DAIM THAT WAS NASTY, it was too soft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a