miruki

OP
Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I couldn't really find a recent topic like this, so I guess it's okay to start one..?

I would like to know about what others dream of, I usually dream every night but most ppl I know rarely dream, if at all.

This morning I dreamt a wasp sat down on my neck, I woke up immediately and wiped my neck like crazy, jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom to get a hug from my bf. (I have this immense fear of flying insects. ;_;) God I hate nightmares, especially the random realistic ones, the gory ones usually don't make me THAT scared.

Usually I have just weird dreams. Like this one dream where some friends and I went skiing and stayed in this youth hostel, where something evil was lurking and I tried to warn the other but they didn't take me serious, one after another vanished then and in the end I was left all alone, so I went to the basement of the hostel and there was a kiosk, the shopkeeper, an old lady was telling me "HE" would expect me already and showed me where I had to go, so I went to that room and there was a hot evil vampire lord sitting, smiling at me and telling me he killed all my friends to make me his bride (wtf? oO). I just ran away and suddenly I was back home, the phone ringed and when I answered it a deep voice said "DWAAAARF!" - and I woke up.

Even though it was the total horror scenario the dream was not scary at all, just plain weird. Especially the dwarf thing. At that time I had never heard the word dwarf before. Weird.

But sometimes I also have these kickass dreams where amazing stuff happens which I use as inspiration to write stories or draw comics. ^__^

So, uh, what kind of dreams do you usually have? Do you dream at all? Want to share some of them? Do you get inspired by them? Do you have recurring ones?

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, well, usually when I go to bed with naseua (however you spell it) I tend to have very strange dreams, all similar in that during the whole dream, the naseua feeling is sitll threre, and there's always a giant something crashing into the earth (sometimes Lego, Rubber band ball, meteor, etc) and somehow, I am the key to saving the planet and, in varying ways, I have to use my ass (no joke, the ass-bottom-buttocks-hiney-whatever you wanna call it) to stop it.

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I remembered there being a thread about dreams too. >_<

One of the most frequent dreams I have are dreams where I'm always running away. I dunno...but I sort of like the adrenaline of running like that...weightless and free of a physical body.

There's a lot of others too but I'm a bit embarrassed to talk about 'em because uh...yeah. >_< Not gonna say anything.

They do inspire me a lot. I actually tried to write a story based on a dream but stopped halfway because there were a lot of holes that needed fixing.
tongue.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to dream often as a child. And I had a nice varity of dreams. Mostly happy, or flightly dreams of light hearted strange events...like I think most dreams are. I can make good sense of most of my dreams sometimes, and others are just beyond me. I haven't had many nightmares in my life, and they usually only come about when I have serious life changes and at that point the nightmares don't compare to the reallife situation.

Then there was a period in my life where I smoked alot of pot. It was probably 8 years...with a 1 year break in the center somewhere....I didn't dream too much during that time, or I didn't remember many of my dreams when I woke up.

After that period I started having great vivid dreams again. I would wake up and be able to recall the last 2 or 3! dreams I had in that one night. My dreams are now again flightly and not overwhelming most of the time. Sometimes I'm troubled by the content but I find myself being able to explain it in one may or another very often.

I also find that I can remember dreams well if they come about during a nap or if I wake up from a 6-8 hour period of sleep and then choose to snooze for an hour or so. If I dream during that time I'll be able to recall that dream very well, and I think I dream often when I'm not overly tired already.

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thinking about it now, I suddenly remember a dream that had cost so much trouble for me. >_> I almost lost a friendship because of that dream...

D: I guess I just really find it hard nowadays to talk about the really strong dreams that I have because they are either embarrassing or...they really affect me. >_

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I dreamt something that continues, for 3 days in a row, although I forgot what was it.

I also ever dream about a genie who wreaks havo in my house, and its pretty scary.

Another very weird dream includes I'm taking out moss in my own mouth with camera view inside my mouth, and that's f*ckin weird

Another one (when I'm around 5 or so) revolves around the path to my bedroom somehow became steep and very long, that I never reached it, with a vampire lurking behind me, waiting for his dinner to be out of breath

There is also another weird dream when I dreamt about a deja vu, and I happened to deja vu again in my life, which makes it I experienced an event 3 times.......

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yesterday I had a dream were I was in a city close to where I live and this guy drove up b where I was walking and said "Hey are you going to that gig?"
I had no idea what he was talking about but I said yes so I would look cool.
Then he drove me to the place where the gig was then I realised I wouldn't be able to get in without a ticket so I said I had to go meet my friend so I didn't look like an idiot.
Then I started walking down a path and my phone rang and it was my friend and she started screaming:
"HEEELP!! I'M GETTING MY HAIR CUT BY A BLIND PERSON!!!"
Then we went to get a Mcdonalds.

Most of my dreams are like this though:
every_damn_morning.png

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a dream the other night that I was driving a truck and there was an accident on the road. It was a two lane street, there were semis parked on both sides, and only one lane of traffic was open. So I call out over the radio and my boss tells me to go around the mess. I started to drive forward and once I was surrounded by all of this I hear a loud noise and look to my right, as this stack of logs breaks free and crushes me inside my vehicle. All I saw at that point was shadow. The thing that made the dream so weird, was that I actually had time to think "This is the way I die." and take notice of how I felt. Then give up. It was really messed up and I woke up frantic. Fortunately, I woke up to my girlfriend lying next to me...which is always comforting. =)

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of my dreams are randomly built by parts of my memory, so they're just entertaining or weird. Every now and then I'll have a prophecy or a nightmare.

miruki

OP
Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
skagamer said:
Fortunately, I woke up to my girlfriend lying next to me...which is always comforting. =)
Yeah, everything is just less bad when someone is there... but I remember when I was a little girl and sleeping in my Mum's bed with her I sometimes got scared that she had turned into a werewolf (she had dark brown curly hair back then XD) and often I wasn't able to fall asleep because I though when I close my eyes she will turn around and eat me. That was really weird. XD

QUOTE(moozxy @ Jun 17 2008, 10:11 AM) Most of my dreams are like this though:
every_damn_morning.png
Hahahaha, that's why I started writing them down immediately!

Oh and, you sir, certainly have some very weird dreams there.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dream very rarely anymore. But when i do, they stand out. I very clearly had one that involved me driving around a very bad car accident, and seeing all the carnage that had happened. Well... the aftermath before ambulances appeared on the scene. It is very clear in my mind to this day (the dream was over a year ago), and i don't want to go into it too much with special thanks to my interest in horror/slasher flicks... it was gruesome. And not Happy gruesome. Just plain scary.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dream, several times a night usually as I wake up alot. I have weird dreams, some of them are random but I also have series of dreams where a few main elements repeat themselves and thats depressing as most time the series of dreams is about something bad.

Like, one time I kept dreaming my house was burning down and I was trying to get the kids out. Some kind of way I could never get them all or couldn't find one of them at all, even though I could hear them screaming. Those dreams are always some of the worst.

Or, I have dreams where something bad is happening but I have some sort of super power--like floating/flying for example, it feels SO cool to fly
smile.gif
--but I cant control that power so most times I'm a prisoner of my own abilities. It sucks to be trying to fly away from something terrifying when you cant go fast at all and you cant even go left when you wanna...

But alot of times I talk to people who's faces I cant see. I never remember those dreams after waking up, but we talk about all sorts of stuff while I'm sleep and many times they give me helpful advice, and I get to talk to my dead relatives too, even my little cousin, but dreaming about her makes me feel guilty because I forget what she's asked but I know she told me to tell someone something...

I also dreamt once that my door was made of Peanut Brittle--its delicious and sweet and I used to make it with my grandma--I woke up licking my door, but that was a long time ago.

Oh, and I recently dreamt that I was swimming in a giant pineapple upside down cake and using the pineapple rings as a floatation device whenever I came up for air.

*I'm hungrier now than ever...gonna go eat*

miruki

OP
Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gizmo_gal said:
Or, I have dreams where something bad is happening but I have some sort of super power--like floating/flying for example, it feels SO cool to fly
smile.gif
--but I cant control that power so most times I'm a prisoner of my own abilities.
Oh yeah! I had two recurring dreams when I was around 12+, which where about me being some kind of super hero but somehow my powers failed me.

In the first aliens were invading my old kindergarden and I had to save my best friend who went to pick his little sister up, I managed to be there in time but suddenly I just couldn't fly anymore and woke up in panic.

The second was about some super evil genius who invented this fluid that forms little flesh eating worms when it comes into contact with skin, so I caught the guy and he got arrested but he spilled some of that fluid on my knee and I had to get operated so they could stop the worms from building or something.. but since I was a super hero I was like totally immune to the narcotics and had to endure unbelieveable pain. oO

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No dreams except for the skeletons from Diablo trying to kill me when I was in 2nd grade and the nerdy one I had a few weeks ago. I want that 8800 GTX back! The rest of them... I don't remember or I don't know them... Nowadays... I just stay up in bed if something is wrong...

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
I used to dreamed of something that i can't understand and happened to me for at least 5 times. It was an long adventurous dream to various places some where familiar and some were i guess from movies, it i also weird. It is sooo mysterious. There was an event there in which is so annoying that can't explain or understand, and always repeating. But now i can't barely dreamed it anymore. I guess I'm so occupied with many things to do now which is college.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love dreams. Life would be so boring without them. Usually I don't remember them, though. I don't have enough resolve to keep a dream diary. I usually remember parts of it that were clear while I was dreaming. Like someone's eyes, a face, a place. I remember, when I was younger (< 8), I had recurring dreams about a werewolf jumping in through my window. I also had nightmares about vampires chasing me. A lot of the time I was really scared, but I learned that I could control my dreams. Since I learned to do that, every time I would have a nightmare, I would recognize it and become lucid. Then I would start a new dream. Unfortunately I haven't had a lucid dream in forever, and it's not for lack of trying. There are various techniques for lucid dreaming. I haven't found one that works yet, but I'm staying optimistic. I can't wait to have another one.
More info on lucid dreaming, if anybody's interested.
Does anyone here constantly lucid dream, or is part of that community?

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone dreams, it's just a matter of whether or not they remember them.

When I had a blog I used to write them on my phone (save as draft plz) just after I woke up.

I believe i've had a lucid dream before, it really scared me (nightmare). It sounds stupid but from what I can remember now it was someone pestering me for money, that I didn't have. Threatening to kill me. I woke up in a sweat and couldn't sleep straight after as I was like shaking/adrenaline rush (so I went downstairs and went on the PC for 30 mins, then I was fine).

The nightmare before that was about me being home alone (as I was living at home alone then, due to my father being hospitalised) and ghosts were around, I then was too scared to be in my own house and had to leave, running to my aunties house (which is like an hour away walking) and a load of ghosts following me.

..the rest of that day I was really uneasy heh.

One thing I find about dreaming, is a place you regularly go to, like you KNOW you're dreaming about the route home from college, but it's warped and different. For example; I dreampt I was walking home, then where a school should of been, was a wall overlooking the sea and an island (prob the isle of wight) in the distance.

Was odd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)