Do you care what a game system looks like?

Do the aesthetics of a console's body matter to you?

• Not at all. I'm only interacting with it for a few seconds at the most, to turn on the power and st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, as long as it's not painted like a rainbow or something.

• Sometimes, I like my entertainment center to not be ugly.

• Yes, but if it's an awesome system I can ignore a bad look.

• Yes, I make purchasing decisions based on the look of the console.

• Total voters

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, to a point. It has to be structurally sound and have a good design for airflow. Other than that, not too much. It's not like I'm looking at it constantly.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
It really comes down to space in my opinion - I don't have a particularly large area to place entertainment products, including my TV, so something like a PS3 is just out of the question.

I can easily overlook a bad-looking console, just because it's not what I'll be looking at, and will be, for the most part, out of view, but something that is good eye-candy is definitely appreciated.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to actual gaming consoles that are hooked up to a TV and such, aesthetics have a certain degree of motivation for me: for functional purposes, though. Examples include maybe airflow with the new 360: it has vents every which way on it, therefore reducing overheating and RROD. Also, aesthetics can include part size, such as how the new PS3 slim is able to run on less electricity.

All in all, yes - to a certain degree.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
the only time I care about look if it's just a giant oddly coloured box, a uncomfortable, or weird controller [old school ps3 boomerang comes to mind], or if it's a hand held then I think about appearances.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not at all, as long as the general shape is rectangular so it will fit into shelves. The Gamecube was the only console that I had to stow away every time.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the most important thing to me is that it matches my entertainment center. white systems look ugly all the systems should be dark colors and other then that i dont care how big or what the shape of the system is.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
No, I don't really mind if it's ugly, if it looks good then it's just another plus.
+1
I dont care much either but if it looks cool, then its better but not a big deal.
Unless if its like a butt shape and you insert the disc on the crack.
rofl2.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care, but I would prefer if more consoles were flat so you could stack another on top. (Although that doesn't sound like a good idea with all the heat they put out these days/

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
myuusmeow said:
I don't really care, but I would prefer if more consoles were flat so you could stack another on top. (Although that doesn't sound like a good idea with all the heat they put out these days/

I don't really but don't want them to be huge. Stacking consoles on top of each other is not so good for the system
unsure.gif
It causes heat issues.

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really mind what the system itself looks like, as long as it isn't a pain in the arse to find space for it under my TV. some consoles with particularly ridiculous designs (the PS3 and original Xbox come to mind) are hard to fit underneath my TV, usually if I have any other consoles under there, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr