Hardware Do you believe the Wii U will pick up?

Do you think the Wii U WILL pick up sales?

• Yes, by years end

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • Yes, by next year

Votes: 35 40.2%
  • No it will continue to slump along

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • No it will completely fail

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • It could, but it won't

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mantis41: that's not even the complete list (pikmin 3 and Duck tales aren't on it, to name a few). Though there aren't dates on this this video, it is still worth mentioning. :)

The Wii kicked ass, so will the Wii U, the good games come out next year, lets see what happens till then, but so far the Wii U is the only next gen console released, while Sony and Microsoft are still bitching of who decides to launch it first, Nintendo's already making losing money.
I fixed that for you. :)

Not to worry: sony and microsoft will follow soon. ;)

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
List of coming games
Source

Fkde53t.png

Fixed :)

Reactions: Taleweaver

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Actually you screwed it.
I wish I did, but it's not true. As the posters below mentioned, nintendo makes a (admittedly small) loss on each sold console. But of course, with investments, R&D, manufacturing, and so on...nintendo isn't in the green numbers (yet). They've got plenty of financial reserves, so that they've had a negative income in 2012 doesn't mean much (it was their first time), but unless you can come up with recent financial sources, I wouldn't say it's fair to say that nintendo is making money at this point.

The painful part, however, is on the competition's end. Both sony and microsoft have a history of selling their consoles way under production price. So they're depending far more on the games being sold to even break even. And with gamers demanding cheaper games, it's not hard to guess the outcome on short term: they will both lose money the first year. I just hope for their sake that they'll actually start making a profit after that...

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well pikmin 3 single handed revived the wii u in japan so lets see what happen on august 4th

Let's be honest here - it didn't so much revive console as it did just provide a modest, temporary sales boost. The Vita goes through the same process with pretty much every major title.

It's a little relief for Nintendo for the time being, but it's not going to change the console's trajectory. That's going to require much, much, much more.

List of coming games
Source

And most of those titles are shovelware and/or multiplatform titles; I don't think the likes of Planes, The Smurfs 2, or Angry Birds Trilogy are anything to brag about. Some of those games are just assumptions (Untitled The Legend of Zelda, for example) or have no set release date, so listing them is a bit disingenuous.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah any LoZ, SSBB, metroid, or any good pokemon game released on the wi I u could possibly bring it back especially if they are released all in the same time period.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
yes i believe it will,
we have games like watch dogs , project cars, & the new assasins creed 4, cod ghost coming. then there's the 1st parties.
& who knows all the things that will come with the november update.
as for other notes tho 3rd party devs need to suck up & take a leap of faith & make games for wii u. start putting games like gta, battle field, crysis, ect on it. you never know how those games will sell on it if you dont release. also advertise it more.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original DS went through a similar problem that the Wii did. Not many games were out for it at first. It wasn't until Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing came out that it started selling well. And when the DS Lite came out that thing just flew off the shelves.

I think the Wii U is going to do just fine.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Here is the same list, listing CONSOLE exclusives for WiiU/3DS - Note a few games MAY come to the PC but not other consoles!

I also added the two DLC titles. Also note: Other titles are 3rd party titles, meaning that there are indeed 3rd party titles coming. But i know some people wont be pleased with any of this anway...
u9lm.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.