Do you believe Micheal Jackson was gay?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by KingdomBlade, Jul 7, 2009.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I love him and I wont choose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Who's Micheal Jackson?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ace Gunman

Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    kobykaan, I don't think there's any harm in this thread. If nothing else it gives folks the proper platform to really discuss it. To clear the air. There are a lot of misconceptions out there, and if even one person learns a little something about the situation, well then this whole topic is worth it. [​IMG]

Incidentally you also make some strong points. The only reason the original family was paid off was because of the OJ trial, and namely how Michael and his management didn't want to go through anything like that. Dragging his reputation, career, life, and children through the mud as they went. That sort of settlement isn't necessarily an admission of guilt. If I had the money and was in a similar situation, I'd do the same. No one wants to go through that.

And the fact that that family was willing to put their child through that only to take the settlement and drop the charges does in fact suggest it was all a power play. If they truly wanted justice and felt they could win (which they could, if they had a concrete case) they would have kept going. It takes a pretty poor parent to say "Well, screw justice and my child's life, these millions of dollars will make it all better". Further causing me to lean towards the idea that he was innocent.

2. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Woah, I thought exactly of this tonight. Right down to the "king/princess of rock'n'roll and the king of pop" part [​IMG] Awesome.

3. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    No, I don't think he was gay and I wouldn't really think differently of him if he was.

During his lifetime the press had a field day destroying Michael Jackson's life. Now that he is dead they change their tune and still try and cash in on him. The man was weird in his own way, but there is nothing wrong with that so long as it isn't harmful to others.

I don't for one minute believe the charges about him molesting children. If I were a parent of one of those children, I simply wouldn't let the matter drop and be 'paid off' to keep quiet. I just think the parents were in it for the money and no wrong doing ever happened.

Michael Jackson was never found guilty by a cout of law. Unfortunately mud sticks in this society and his name has been tarnished.

4. Smuff

Smuff Fossilized Gamer

Jul 29, 2006
    By the sea
    Am I the only one who found his comments regarding the "wholesome" joy of sharing one's bed with a child to be just a little suspect and distasteful ? He tarnished his own name with his ill-conceived (at best - giving him the benefit of the doubt here against al my instincts) statements.

5. Ace Gunman

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    The problem lies in the perception of the situation. Would you question a mentally handicapped person for saying such a thing? Even if they stated it in a manner in which was highly suspect, most would simply think "Well, with their handicap they simply don't know better". Or perhaps a child, if a child stated that he or she enjoyed having a sleepover with his or her friend, and they shared the same bed, no one would question it.

The problem is that people look at him as an adult, but he was only an adult in body. In mind and spirit he was a child. He clearly had a Peter Pan complex (IE the ability nor want to "ever grow up"). Heck, unlike most he had the wealth to make that mental quirk a reality by creating a genuine "Neverland".

In that one particular famous documentary MJ stated that his favorite thing in the entire world was going onto the Neverland grounds and climbing a tree. That climbing trees and water balloon fights were his joy in life. The interviewer asked "Really? Even over making love or performing on stage?". To which Michael replied "Well, nothing is better than performing..."

Note two things in that reply: 1) He didn't even mention making love, he completely ignored that as if he had no interest. And 2) it took someone else bringing up performing for him to comment on it, as if he was only doing so to keep up the perception that he was a musician above all else.

His upbringing and wealth created the ultimate combination of a Peter Pan complex and the eccentricity that stardom and wealth almost always brings. Combined, as he grew older he seemingly grew younger mentally. He didn't think like an adult, so one should not hold him to the standards of an adult. It only becomes a perverted ideal when you approach it from the perspective of an adult, which he never did. He didn't see or understand why people would ever jump to such a conclusion from what he perceived as innocent actions and statements.

6. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    I don't care was what I chose.

7. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    I think Ace made some great points, although I would like to add something into the mix.

A traumatic childhood doesn't necessarily mean MJ had to turn out this way.
    Could a rapist justify his actions because he had an abusive father? no.

There are still a lot of innate choices that one must make.

I would say that some people, like MJ, are just overly susceptible to their environment and upbringing, and that perhaps he possibly just naturally wasn't particularly strong or stable mentally.

It's like the age old debate of nature vs nurture. These days the tendency is to agree a persons behavior is a product of a combination of both, to varying degrees.

I suspect that his actions and relationships with children probably had very innocent intentions behind them, but to the rest of the world, they are excessive and weird (imo too).

So I don't think I would call him gay or a pedophile either, but he was certainly weird. He shouldn't be shunned for that.

8. Ace Gunman

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    Oh absolutely. No question about that. [​IMG] If I may say so though, that's certainly not limited to him. Excessive fame makes pretty much everyone eccentric. Take any Hollywood star who believes in Scientology as an example of that. Or how just about every child star ever has become an alcoholic/drug addict washout with more DUIs than Chad Kroger (Zing!). And one cannot forget one of my personal favorite examples, Angelina Jolie and her obsessive foreign child adopting.

Human beings are all bizarre, we all have our quirks. Wealth and fame simply give you the means to make those quirks a larger reality. I theorize that most people will tread down the road of the eccentric when put in a similar position.

9. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Apr 17, 2008
    Senegal
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    wow, thanks ace for clearing all these up, now i pited those who were used to be like me, the only access to information were newspaper, all i know about MJ were from the papers, what they said were what i can believe.

Thanks internet for clearing that misconception part [​IMG]

on a totally side topic: am i the only guy who have a smile to his face whenever i pictured his face with his broken nose? Sorry to be insensitive, but for the life of me, i still can't figure out why this happens :X

10. rwspark

rwspark Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2007
    United States
    Gay? No. Mentally messed up? Yes.

11. GameSoul

GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

Mar 21, 2008
    United States
    Illinois
    I don't care...

12. thebigboss14

thebigboss14 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 20, 2008
    United States
    3DS Galaxy, Planet Zelda
    I don't really think he was gay or it just was a bad moment, or he had depression or something else if he did what the new said. We wont know what the truth is until it appears by itself. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. tylerxian

tylerxian GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    It doesn't matter, he could of been anything he wanted to be.

14. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    Damn it Ace. You said everything I was thinking. (I don't think I could have said it as well as you though) The only difference I have towards your opinion is the virginity. I don't think he was a virgin. I think he probably had sex enough times to count on one hand. But I don't think he ever really wanted it. I think he would do it to please his partner/ friend. Thats the child like aspect you were talking about. He would have easily been peer pressured by Lisa Marie at first most likely because she didn't know him well enough yet to deduce for herself what we have come to decades later. But I definitely don't think those kids were born through sex. I'm still not 100% sure those are his biological children.

And I expect alot of "I dont care" answers from the temp.

15. Ace Gunman

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    Sorry I beat you to the punch. [​IMG]

On the matter of his virginity, I could really go either way on that particular detail. But I think we can glimpse at least one nugget of truth from either perspective: the man was wholly uncomfortable with the idea of sex. Perhaps he had gone through with it a handful of times, or perhaps he never did... but either way definitely supports the idea that he simply was not a sexual person.

And I could absolutely buy that if he did do the deed at some point(s) in his lifetime, that it was essentially the equivalent of peer pressure and him wanting to please the women in his life that he loved (But not love in a sexual/romantic sense, from his perspective). That would definitely fit in with his child-like state of mind.

16. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    Agreed. There has been countless times where he or someone close to him spoke about his childhood when it came to sex. When touring with his brothers when he was a young boy he would even ask the groupies "your not gonna sleep with my brothers are you?" He also had to pretend to be asleep when his brothers were having sex in the same motel room. They didn't force him to pretend he would just hear and be so scared that he just fell into a locked state. Stuff like that coupled with everything else in his childhood definitely traumatized his from sex.

17. Da Foxx

Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2006
    Canada
    Ace ever think of being a Psychiatrist, or a Psychologist? [​IMG]

I really don't have anything of my own to say, that has not yet been said already.

18. Ace Gunman

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    Funny you should say that. I have considered that quite frequently, actually. [​IMG]

19. GentleFist

GentleFist Newbie

i dont think he was gay~~

(wants to be a member so he can join the competition with his awesome photo)

20. kenyab2009

kenyab2009 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2009
    United States
    yazoo city
    how can he be gay with 3 kids and he didnt even hang around dudes like that

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted