48.7%
  3. I believe there are certain people you are meant to meet in life

18 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. 76 voter(s)
  1. AtsuNii

AtsuNii AtsuNii's New Beginnings

Antarctica
    I am not just speaking from my own stance as I said before, I have also seen other couples who are just perfect fits together and are sticking together. And yes people could have gone through alot, but that would not make them incompatible with anyone else. Said persons should first regain their own trust into others before they can truely open their eyes again to try and find said soulmates. It can take time and many failed attempts, but in my eyes, there is always someone for someone.

XAIXER, OldBoi and Mama Looigi like this.
  2. djpannda

djpannda GBAtemp's Pannda

United States
    I don't really believe in...:: wife walks in:::
    [​IMG]

...I mean ......yes, I found my soulmate, thank you honey...

KiiWii, gnmmarechal, XAIXER and 3 others like this.
  3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Nope. It's just some comforting fantasy we tell ourselves when we're feeling lonely.

Mama Looigi likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

My usual approach is to avoid changing others unless their position is a danger to those around them, so the blanket answer to this would be the question does it really matter what I think.

But if the question is purely Academic, then my answer would cover two aspects:
    1. All Life is opportunistic by Design.
    2. All Life starts off living for their own interests.
    That is to say, the Human facet of the aforementioned would include a Species-oriented World View, from Anthropomorphic Deity to being the Centre of the Universe, in which case Soul Mates is a concept with an obvious fit and morally justifiable in the defence of going through multiple partners.

Mama Looigi likes this.
  5. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    Some people think in terms of gravity and others think in terms of magnets.

Mama Looigi likes this.
  6. OldBoi

OldBoi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I believe there is. I just haven't met HIM yet. :shy::blush: And at my age, I doubt I will.

Mama Looigi likes this.
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

If you believe this, then you should also believe that Positivity begets Positivity so don't sell yourself short.
    Plenty of people in everyone's circle who already do this for free.

From personal experience, age is just a number and though my preferences may not exactly fit your context, it should in principle. So if you're willing to find younger, then there is no such thing as too late.

Mama Looigi and OldBoi like this.
  8. OldBoi

United States
    I'm to old for the younger crowd @tomasowa. 64 as of yesterday to be exact. There is no longevity in my family. Thus I conceed to the thought of not having another Husband. But I do thank you for the thought and kind words. :)

Mama Looigi and Deleted User like this.
  9. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    I bet your soulmate is thinking the exact same thing.

Mama Looigi, Deleted User and OldBoi like this.
  10. OldBoi

United States
    If it were only true. Anyway, thanks guys. Love the encouragement.

Last edited by OldBoi, May 6, 2021
    Mama Looigi likes this.
  11. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    I mentioned before, magnets vs gravity. I think in terms of magnets. If you make that push, then the other will make the push. You will find what you need as long as you look. That's how I see it.

Mama Looigi and OldBoi like this.
  12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I sent @Chary this as we've become friends. anyway, I met a girl on the internet, and we started out as friends. then, she took things to the next level by saying, "I love you," and "you're my soulmate." I said the same to her, because I was falling in love with her too. we used to talk for four to six hours via skype, so we were really getting to know each other. her boyfriend was an admin on a ps3 site, but he didn't seem to care about her. he cared more about his site than even their children. she even told me he cheated on her when she was pregnant with their daughter. that really made me both angry and sad. however, she chose to stay with him no matter what I tried to convince her to do. I wanted her to be with me, but I felt like I had gotten burned. me and her boyfriend also had a falling out. I don't know if you've seen any threads where I said the ps4 scene would be my last? that experience is the main reason why. my heart was broken, like I had been manipulated for some purpose, perhaps to benefit the site in some way?

OldBoi and Mama Looigi like this.
  13. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Spain
    No and I never will

We don't need our "other half" because we ourselves aren't missing any "half" that other person can fill

Guess I'll die alone but idc

OldBoi likes this.
  14. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    the funny thing about soul mates is that that person might not exist in the same century as you.

OldBoi, KiiWii, Seriel and 1 other person like this.
  15. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Portugal

Last edited by pustal, May 9, 2021
    OldBoi likes this.
  16. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    No. You either find someone worth making important in your life, or you do not. It is completely up to you and them to discover whether it is worth investing time and effort to create meaning together.

Thinking life is meant to work out a certain way is an excuse not to take the huge responsibility of making it the life you want. It has ruined many lives, that thinking. Serve no master but your own ambition and don't let any thought of "destiny" get in the way of shaping life into your mental image.

"destiny" is a reassuring siren in times of pain or discomfort, but it is not reality. It sooths, but it does nothing but disable you from engaging. Be better. Be stronger. It sucks, but it is the way.

OldBoi and Mama Looigi like this.
  17. qqq1

qqq1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't even believe in love. Everyone claiming to be "in love" is playing a joke on me. Haha, you got me guys.

THEELEMENTKH, OldBoi and Mama Looigi like this.
  18. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    I think there is a paradoxical moment when preparation meets opportunity where these definitions do not matter. It is only before and after these kinds of moments that we ascribe these words and their definitions.

OldBoi, osaka35 and Mama Looigi like this.
  19. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    I can agree with that. whether chaos or organized intent, one must strike when one can.

"In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart."

Mama Looigi, OldBoi and tabzer like this.
  20. VinsCool

VinsCool Persona Secretiva Felineus

Canada
    Not anymore.
    I have been deceived then trapped into a spiral of insanity.
    I like to believe things have been better, or maybe I simply stopped caring about my own happiness.

Mama Looigi likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted