48.7%
  3. I believe there are certain people you are meant to meet in life

18 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. 76 voter(s)
  1. Mama Looigi

OP Mama Looigi VR Queen ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Ireland
    Soulmates. Do you believe in this concept? That there is a truly special someone out there for you. Or that there are a small handful of those special people.
    And if so, do you believe you’ve met them yet?

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. notrea11y

notrea11y GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Even when you factor out all opposing factors (age, gender, ethnicity etc), there are ~1.500.000 "soulmates"/ person on this planet.
    That being "a person that fits well enough and is compatible in a biological sense".

If you were looking for the 'other' soulmate definition, be. my . guest: https://what-if.xkcd.com/9/

So:
    In a compatibility sense: Yes, I do
    "Spiritual": Nope

Last edited by notrea11y, Apr 28, 2021
    Kwyjor, gnmmarechal and Mama Looigi like this.
  3. Chary

Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    No, but I like to think we're guided to meet certain people who will impact our lives in one way or another. But I've never liked the thought of soul mates, that there's an end all be all one person in the world for you. It puts the person on a weird pedestal in the relationship, like they're desperately needed for the other to function.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Sure. Anybody with the right personality and traits could be your soulmate. The problem is just finding them.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

No but I believe in solemates.

A pair of shoes belong together.

6. WiiMiiSwitch

WiiMiiSwitch COBANERMITE FOREVER

United States
    The polls are working for you?
    Anyways yes I believe if two loved each other enough then they are soulmates

Mama Looigi likes this.
  7. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Nope. I think no matter how suited you are it still requires consistent effort from both sides to keep it going.

Mama Looigi likes this.
  8. x65943

x65943 the end is nigh, buy doge coin
    Global Moderator

United States
    I don't believe in fate or anything like that

But of course there are certain people you will get along with better

I definitely don't think there is anybody who is perfect for you - and I think there are likely some people who really wouldn't be good for anyone

I think a relationship with most people could be good if you put a lot of effort in (and are mature about it)

Maybe there is no such thing as soulmate but I could get behind the idea of anti-soulmate (the worst possible pairing)

Reynardine and Mama Looigi like this.
  9. Issac

Issac Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
    Supervisor

Sweden
    I believe in it. I'm weird that way. Do I believe I met them? Yep, I do. I'm confident about it.

I'm not religious, but I do have some spiritual things that I believe in - or wishes to believe in.

10. Mama Looigi

OP Mama Looigi VR Queen ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Ireland
    But if there is such a thing as anti-soulmates, than surely soulmates would be a thing?
    Everyone has an identical match- and everyone has a polar opposite.

There’s billions of people. I feel like by chance alone, you could find someone that’s as close as possible to perfect for most individuals. (I say as close as possible due to perfection being “unattainable”)
    Billions of people means billions of unique personalities. All of which react to each other differently.
    Of course, I don’t believe a perfect relationship is a relationship with no negativity- but still.

Last edited by Mama Looigi, Apr 29, 2021
    Reynardine and x65943 like this.
  11. x65943

x65943 the end is nigh, buy doge coin
    Global Moderator

United States
    I mean it's true if you have a finite number of people then one of those people should be the best

But I think realistically there are probably tiers of people that are pretty close

like if you ranked SS A B C D F there are probably millions of people in SS and so on - to the point where the place they showed up in SS tier probably wouldn't make much difference

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

yeah sure I would say there are people that perfectly match up, sometimes it can be a yin and yang setup where both people seem to be polar opposites but compliment each other perfectly despite on paper most people would never even think to place them with each other, other times it people who have a very unusual and specific set of interests, hobbies and life experiences and end up with near perfect replica of themselves (and love that dynamic)

but on that note I also think there are people who just have an innate repulsion from each other, I know I have met a few people who I just instinctively disliked and no matter how hard I tired and could see I was being irrational I just couldn't bear being around them for whatever reason :huh:

Last edited by gamesquest1, Apr 30, 2021
    smallissue and Mama Looigi like this.
  13. XAIXER

XAIXER Kaiser Supremissimus

Canada
    I'd like to think that there is someone for everone and that people have some sort of "romantic counterpart".

Mama Looigi likes this.
  14. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

I guess you would have to believe in souls in the first place.

Mama Looigi likes this.
  15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi: *pout* :f

Antarctica
    I don't really believe in fate nor soulmates. I do believe that you are bound to meet amazing people with who you will love and find harmony. I don't think these people are "soulmates," but they are often your chosen family.

Mama Looigi likes this.
  16. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Soul mates doesnt exist. It would be nice if it did but scientifically its impossible. If that logic existed there wouldn't be so many divorces or cheating. As humans we try to invent thing like marriage and etc... but we are just another species in the galaxy we may be intelligent but our primitive nature is why desire and envy exists. Its in our DNA

Natural likes this.
  17. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I believe it to be a bunch of silly superstitious nonsense.

18. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    There's people you get a long with really well, butt that can always change

Mama Looigi likes this.
  19. AtsuNii

AtsuNii AtsuNii's New Beginnings

Antarctica
    For every person there is a soulmate out there somewhere. I know as I found mine. But some of the people I know/known you can just see that they are made for each other. So I think I can speak for both perspectives that soul mates are def around for every single person.

DinohScene, XAIXER and Mama Looigi like this.
  20. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Just because you believe you have found your soul mate, does not say anything for whether everyone has a soul mate.

1. only certain people may have a soul mate.
    2. you could be wrong about them being a soul mate, they might just be someone that is compatible with you.

Some people have gone through too much to be compatible with anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted