• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, he's saying that if animals are doing it in nature, then it's natural by definition. Whether or not something is natural has no bearing on whether or not it's moral. Rape is natural among some animals, but it's not moral. This computer isn't natural, but responding to you isn't immoral.
While I'm hesitant to apply this to the current debate, keep in mind that animals steal and murder, while it's not OK for us to do it.

We're supposed to be better than animals, so take care to not look to them as an example when questioning morality.

(Again I'm not participating in this particular debate, so any replies to this post about applying my argument above to the current topic will be ignored, so save yourselves the time.)
  • you ever ate chicken you murderous bastard?
  • you are an animal, nothing more than an advanced monkey
  • and you are participating to my understanding so i take it you read the whole post of mine, not only the animal part.

Reactions: DaFixer

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
While I'm hesitant to apply this to the current debate, keep in mind that animals steal and murder, while it's not OK for us to do it.

We're supposed to be better than animals, so take care to not look to them as an example when questioning morality.

(Again I'm not participating in this particular debate, so any replies to this post about applying my argument above to the current topic will be ignored, so save yourselves the time.)
Actually, it's OK for us to do it. We've just choosen not to do it to live in a "safe" society (the so-called social contract: I don't kill you; you don't kill me).
However, being gay does not harm anyone. Why not letting our non-harmful instincts out for a better life?
Sodomy is absolutely natural and, in a world where soon there will be no room for anyone else, something to be promoted. I wonder how you can't get it.

Last edited by Earth97,

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it's about if it's natural to have gays... the guy i responded to says that being gay is un natural. if bird, monkeys and so on have gays among, why is it unnatural, if you dig deeper in to the idea, you find that no is made gay, they are born that way... knowing that the koran, hope it's spelled the same way as in dutch, says all people are built as a reflexion of thier god: Allah, that means all gay people about 20% of the total people are also in his reflexion made... what citation do you mean? i just respond to what's been said as being logic and free to this TheDarkGreninja?
really, 20% is unnatural? really it's okay to judge because a book tells you they're unnatural? what did i do wrong? i just tell what's in at least 3 religions as a contradiction... and this is not the one that made me change my idea of god.
As in a peer reviewed study.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As in a peer reviewed study.
as in 30 years study to religion! so mind your words and really read backwards, kind sir.
i was born a christian, been that for about 20 years without any doubts, tried other religions to find out if there's one that is really able to give me a moral god, to give me a superior god.. but after 10 years of search i found out that all religions fail to these standards they claim to have... i just took out the part of being gay to prove my point, i can give you about 30 reasons all 3 major religions fail the standard given you can't answer different when you know all facts around it... so you can argue with me if you like... but i warn you it won't get any prettier than it already is... and i know a lot of people will be offended by the words i will use...
i really don't think that will do you nor me any good.
but if you wanna try me, go try...
to give you a hint about how it goes read a few pages back in this thread what i already said...
you can choose history, creation, other religions, perfect god, the future, the differences between the 3 religions, commons between the 3 religions, morals of sex, morals of food, morals of killing...
on all these subjects all 3 religions fail, they all contradict themselves one way or another...
just defending at least 20% of the people to easy answers given bay a book that's at least 1400 years old:koran. or 2007 years old: bible, or at least 4000 years: thora and the profets about 2300 years if i'm not mistaken.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
as in 30 years study to religion! so mind your words and really read backwards, kind sir.
i was born a christian, been that for about 20 years without any doubts, tried other religions to find out if there's one that is really able to give me a moral god, to give me a superior god.. but after 10 years of search i found out that all religions fail to these standards they claim to have... i just took out the part of being gay to prove my point, i can give you about 30 reasons all 3 major religions fail the standard given you can't answer different when you know all facts around it... so you can argue with me if you like... but i warn you it won't get any prettier than it already is... and i know a lot of people will be offended by the words i will use...
i really don't think that will do you nor me any good.
but if you wanna try me, go try...
to give you a hint about how it goes read a few pages back in this thread what i already said...
you can choose history, creation, other religions, perfect god, the future, the differences between the 3 religions, commons between the 3 religions, morals of sex, morals of food, morals of killing...
on all these subjects all 3 religions fail, they all contradict themselves one way or another...
just defending at least 20% of the people to easy answers given bay a book that's at least 1400 years old:koran. or 2007 years old: bible, or at least 4000 years: thora and the profets about 2300 years if i'm not mistaken.
A peer reviewed study. For your claims on sodomy in nature.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking through all the citations, none of them were from a scientific journal of any sort. So why should I trust wikipedia?
I can see how you missed the scientific journals and otherwise peer-reviewed sources, given you only took literally two minutes to look through them.

mammastuffing

Trophies
XP
Country
Why does religion always have to go on hating the gays? Seriously, mind your own f-cking business.
tried other religions to find out if there's one that is really able to give me a moral god, to give me a superior god.. but after 10 years of search i found out that all religions fail to these standards they claim to have...
Why do you even need a god in that case? If you can try a few, find one that fits your moral values, then you obviously don't need anyone to tell you what's right and wrong...

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

thoese these video's count for you as proof?

their proof, just no scientific explanation.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can see how you missed the scientific journals and otherwise peer-reviewed sources, given you only took literally two minutes to look through them.
a good 90% were the same source thats why.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why does religion always have to go on hating the gays? Seriously, mind your own f-cking business.
Why do you even need a god in that case? If you can try a few, find one that fits your moral values, then you obviously don't need anyone to tell you what's right and wrong...
because it's not that easy to quit a religion since your parents see it as failing! so you try to find a way to balance in life...

http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/03/do-animals-exhibit-homosexuality/
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/1500-animal-species-practice-homosexuality.aspx

Last edited by Jack Daniels,

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How much explanation do you want? They're primates fucking primates of the same sex. It's quite straightforward really.
I mean, is it becuase of a mental issue or is it an actual evolutionary trait? Its like a male parrot only having a father, due to this they turn out gay.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I mean, is it becuase of a mental issue or is it an actual evolutionary trait? Its like a male parrot only having a father, due to this they turn out gay.
did you have proper biology lessons?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I checked, "all the citations" wasn't the same thing as "90% of the citations." If you looked at the other 10%, the bibliography above the references, or the actual source that's 90%, you would have found plenty of peer-reviewed sources and sources from scientific journals. It has been very much demonstrated that humans are far from the only species to engage in homosexual behavior. This isn't even controversial. Homosexual behavior is very much natural.

It should also be noted that it doesn't matter whether or not humans are the only species to engage in homosexual behavior. Whether or not it's natural and/or exhibited by other animal species is irrelevant to the morality of it. If one is going to argue that homosexuality is immoral or wrong, he or she needs to provide reasoning other than "it's unnatural."

You can see my post above about some possibilities with regard to biological predispositions to homosexual behavior in humans. However, the mechanisms behind how a human or non-human animal becomes homosexual has no bearing on whether or not it's moral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself