Do you believe in aliens?

I'm not saying it was aliens, but...

• It was aliens!

Votes: 70 68.6%
  • You've been watching too much History channel.

Votes: 32 31.4%

• Total voters

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I think there's something that everyone needs to realize. The chance of aliens having existed at some point in time? Extremely high. The chance that aliens exist right now? Astronomically low. There is one simple reason for this. The universe is 13.77 billion years old, yet humans (homo sapiens) have only existed for around 200,000 years. That's one 68,850th of the of the age of the universe. If we were to say that the average life span of an intelligent species is 200,000 years, the chance of two existing at the same time is infinitesimal. Of course, none of this logic works if the universe is in fact infinite, in which case there are an infinite number of intelligent alien species alive right now.
This is also true. Though there very well might be life out there, the chance of it being alive NOW may be low.

It's the first time I hear someone say that. It's quite reasonable.

Thanks for adding that.

Reactions: GalladeGuy
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Well, I'm just going to throw this out there; Why is it impossible for people to believe aliens can exist? The world is a vast universe which humans can't even imagine of stepping out of Earth and exploring the outer space so really, this is more plausible than a god existing. Sure, someone or something created the world but whom or what made it? It's unknown.

Religions are kinda like sports' fans and Beliebers -- Lots of loyal followers that believe that to be the truth and perhaps even do things they hear according to the voices in their heads by "God".

Anyway, NASA probably knows something but they're not saying a word about it to the public.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I'm just going to throw this out there; Why is it impossible for people to believe aliens can exist? The world is a vast universe which humans can't even imagine of stepping out of Earth and exploring the outer space so really, this is more plausible than a god existing. Sure, someone or something created the world but whom or what made it? It's unknown.

Religions are kinda like sports' fans and Beliebers -- Lots of loyal followers that believe that to be the truth and perhaps even do things they hear according to the voices in their heads by "God".

Anyway, NASA probably knows something but they're not saying a word about it to the public.
I won't say NASA probably know something, but I kind of agree with the rest.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
There must be aliens. No other explanation for how my ex girlfriend got so fucking ugly since we broke up. Abducted and mutilated by aliens. It explains everything.

But seriously, yeah, there's aliens.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

TheKawaiiPug

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
totaltopic.forumotions.co.uk
XP
Country
There must be at least a few simple organisms living on other planets, we probably will never know and it's not the best idea to pry into whatever their business is.
(I'd like to know if more than Earth had something like the Internet, though.)

Anyway - science isn't my thing, so don't take me as any worthy voice.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
In a galaxy far-far away other intelligent life forms are talking about this exact same topic. In a parallel dimension, a parallel ¶metABG. So there ARE aliens, there HAVE to be alienz... well, probably.
EDIT: They're watching History Channel. I know because I can see 'em on the other side of the TV.

Last edited by SomeGamer,

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Screen+Shot+2013-08-04+at+12.31.32+PM.png

Reactions: Deleted User

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
latest study killed about 90% of the calculation... as far as i know nasa has only found 5 still possible planets... but thats just the known to nasa database... there are a lot of planets not known yet, but most planets they though habitable earthlike are a too large so gravety is a problem, are too hot so you can't drink the water, have no athmosphere... yes it's possible that there are aliens, just there is no proof of intelligence yet... as far as for me since the first planet habitable is 50.000 light years from here... i really couldn't care less about the aliens there.

D

Deleted User

Oh, believe me, I believe in aliens.

Sometimes I'm scared to go to sleep at night, knowing that I might turn around and see aliens suddenly in my room, ready to abduct me, take me to their spaceship, and perform weird tests.

It's kind of a small fear I have.

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aliens are a cover up story for when people get interrogated and drugged to forget.
Just something to make everyone that speaks out of lined a "psycho"

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think there's something that everyone needs to realize. The chance of aliens having existed at some point in time? Extremely high. The chance that aliens exist right now? Astronomically low. There is one simple reason for this. The universe is 13.77 billion years old, yet humans (homo sapiens) have only existed for around 200,000 years. That's one 68,850th of the of the age of the universe. If we were to say that the average life span of an intelligent species is 200,000 years, the chance of two existing at the same time is infinitesimal. Of course, none of this logic works if the universe is in fact infinite, in which case there are an infinite number of intelligent alien species alive right now.
Yet you're underestimating the fact, that life itself has been around on earth literally for ages. Like 1 Billion to 500 Million years or something. Although we're talking about real simple stuff like single-cell organisms - that should indeed count as an alien, although not the intelligent, human-abducting form that is 2spooky4humanity.

And that, in turn, should make the chance of alien-life existing outside our planet 1:10-1:20. (Substracted 4 bn. ys. because of the cooldown of the earth, which was the very first thing that made life even possible.)

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't say aliens don't exist, because you haven't been to each and every planet in the universe to check for yourself. But you can't say aliens do exist, because you've never seen one. On a different note, for the sake of argument, imagine aliens do exist. So, in this hypothetical world, aliens exist, and they themselves debate whether or not life exists outside of their planet. Well, life exists here, obviously, but how are they to know that? So they come to the conclusion aliens (read: humans) don't exist. That's quite narrow-minded, no?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yet you're underestimating the fact, that life itself has been around on earth literally for ages. Like 1 Billion to 500 Million years or something. Although we're talking about real simple stuff like single-cell organisms - that should indeed count as an alien, although not the intelligent, human-abducting form that is 2spooky4humanity.

And that, in turn, should make the chance of alien-life existing outside our planet 1:10-1:20. (Substracted 4 bn. ys. because of the cooldown of the earth, which was the very first thing that made life even possible.)
Ewwwww American billion

10^12 ftw

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)