Do you believe in aliens?

I'm not saying it was aliens, but...

• It was aliens!

Votes: 70 68.6%
  • You've been watching too much History channel.

Votes: 32 31.4%

• Total voters

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Everybody who enjoys science fiction and has an interest in interstellar travel and extra-terrestrial life should read Existence by David Brin. It is absolutely amazing.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Everybody who enjoys science fiction and has an interest in interstellar travel and extra-terrestrial life should read Existence by David Brin. It is absolutely amazing.
Ever since Interstellar appeared, I cant help but cringe at the word interstellar.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I'd be very surprised if life of didn't exist else where, will we find it in the lifetime of anyone alive today? probably not.

Although by our standards we are pretty advanced, in the grand scheme of things we're also very primitive.

If you think of how much technology has advanced in our lifetime, our parents lifetime and our grandparents lifetime, now think how things are going to be in 50 years time, 100 years time, 200 years time or even 500 years time. By our standards we're doing pretty well, however we're cavemen now in comparison to the technology humans are going to have in the near future.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

we're cavemen now in comparison to the technology humans are going to have in the near future.
It is true that technology has advanced very much since the early days (not enough for hover cars or hover boards) but at the same time, time's gone backwards due to all the Political Correctness, double-standards and religions (believe in a god that none of them have ever seen to say it exists). James Rolfe (AVGN) a while back shared his opinion about the new Ghostbusters 2016 trainwreck of a film and the SJWs/Feminists showed their true colours as to how disgusting they are but in the end, James is the one who won the battle. Free publicity for him and his channel, plus, new subscribers. :lol:

Rp9NYrD.jpg

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that aliens exist out there. Some being intelligent and some very basic (like microorganisms and what not). I've seen all sorts of unexplainable things in the sky over the years (ever since I was a kid) and in some cases, I wasn't the only witness, but others saw the exact same thing as me at the same time. Weird lights in the sky moving in strange patterns that defy everything we understand about physics. I'm sure some sightings in general are chalked up to experimental military aircraft and what not, but not all of it. I mean heck people were reporting stealth bomber sightings when the US military was experimenting with them before they were actually put to use. People had no idea that a plane could be so quiet and falsely assumed it was of extra terrestrial origin, but I digress.

Some of what I and others close to me have witness just doesn't make any sense (from what humans understand), lights disappearing and reappearing all over the sky as if they were "jumping" from spot to spot without flying to each location. What may appear to be airplanes at first until they get closer than suddenly go in the polar opposite direction (planes don't just do that, I mean fighter jets can but only after some really dangerous maneuvering, the craft I'm referring to, doesn't do anytime of maneuvering, it just simple reverses direction).

I believe at least some sightings are extra terrestrial that myself and others around the world have witnessed over the years. They're likely from civilizations that are well beyond our level of evolution and advancement, I mean how else would they be capable of intergalactic space travel lol? Some of it is probably just more experimental military aircraft while others are just plain old hoaxes, people just trying to get their 15 seconds of fame.

No matter what you believe though, statistically speaking, is almost impossible for us to be the only planet with life on it. Whether or not there is any other intelligent life out there is debatable, but there's gotta be something, whether its microorganisms or some other primitive species, or a civilization that's far more advanced then we are....

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well...

Here's why aliens don't exist:

World's most powerful telescopes, we don't see anything.

Fermi's Paradox (Where is everyone?)

If Aliens visited 150 million years ago and found dinosaurs, they would have left an obelisk or some other marker, or left something in our orbit.

We are alone. Accept this fact based on the evidence.

In the 3 billion years that this planet has supported life, some civilization should have passed through and left something (even accidentally), yet we have nothing.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is Infinite possibilities that Aliens exists. We Humans are Aliens. When comparing to all the Animals and Other Living things we're Different. More Over We don't know anything about what lies far away from our planet and beyond Pluto. I still believe that just like us they are also seeking us. Soon we will meet. I have many theories of my own, but no one hears. Let it be.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well...

Here's why aliens don't exist:

If Aliens visited 150 million years ago and found dinosaurs, they would have left an obelisk or some other marker, or left something in our orbit.

In the 3 billion years that this planet has supported life, some civilization should have passed through and left something (even accidentally), yet we have nothing.
Hum, why would we be able to see them with telescopes? What about what lies beyond the observable universe?

Also, Fermi's paradox is... debatable.

Finally, there is a single sentence I absolute can't agree or even understand on your post - "Accept this fact". It's not a fact. It's a possibility. You can't prove extraterrestrial life doesn't exist. It's not a "fact" per se.

Moreover, we are not important. We're meaningless to the Universe. there's absolutely no "fact" that dictates that we (living beings) only exist here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is true that technology has advanced very much since the early days (not enough for hover cars or hover boards) but at the same time, time's gone backwards due to all the Political Correctness, double-standards and religions (believe in a god that none of them have ever seen to say it exists). James Rolfe (AVGN) a while back shared his opinion about the new Ghostbusters 2016 trainwreck of a film and the SJWs/Feminists showed their true colours as to how disgusting they are but in the end, James is the one who won the battle. Free publicity for him and his channel, plus, new subscribers. :lol:

Rp9NYrD.jpg

it's quite interesting to see how this topic and the "Do you believe in God" topic relate. It's... food for thought.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
For people with brain, prepare to wake up, others, just burn.

and

and

lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I only watched part of the last video, but someone needs to go read about physics. I don't see the "foolishness" and "absurd" he talks about.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people with brain, prepare to wake up, others, just burn.

and

and

I made this thread so the normal people could discuss the existence of aliens, not so the tin foil hat wearers can start blabbering about how the Earth is flat and the moon landing was staged.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I made this thread so the normal people could discuss the existence of aliens, not so the tin foil hat wearers can start blabbering about how the Earth is flat and the moon landing was staged.
Watching that video.... He speaks like a priest, and the comment section looks like fanatic religious followers.

The last one.

WhatthefuckdidIwatch

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe it's very, very likely that life exists or has existed (in some way) somewhere else in the universe.
I don't believe that it's as we imagine it in science fiction, or that they contacted us though.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hum, why would we be able to see them with telescopes? What about what lies beyond the observable universe?

Also, Fermi's paradox is... debatable.

Finally, there is a single sentence I absolute can't agree or even understand on your post - "Accept this fact". It's not a fact. It's a possibility. You can't prove extraterrestrial life doesn't exist. It's not a "fact" per se.

Moreover, we are not important. We're meaningless to the Universe. there's absolutely no "fact" that dictates that we (living beings) only exist here.

Believe whatever you want to believe. I don't believe in aliens, period. Do you believe in God ? 81% of the population of Portugal is Catholic. Are you ?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Clearly they're not powerful enough.

Perhaps at the same developmental stage as us, thus equally unable to travel or communicate across the vast distance of space? Or communicating in a way which we cannot detect?

Why?

There is insufficient evidence to state this as a fact.

That doesn't mean it's not there.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Believe whatever you want to believe. I don't believe in aliens, period. Do you believe in God ? 81% of the population of Portugal is Catholic. Are you ?
I am not. Again, I'm not saying it's wrong to believe aliens do not exist. I'm saying it is wrong to state as a fact that aliens don't exist. I don't say God exists either. But I can't say it doesn't exist either. "God exists", "God doesn't exist", "Catholicism is the one true path", "Aliens exist", "Aliens don't exist"; they're worthless, they're not backed up by facts. One can't state "Aliens don't exist.". At most, one can state "I don't believe aliens exist."

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's something that everyone needs to realize. The chance of aliens having existed at some point in time? Extremely high. The chance that aliens exist right now? Astronomically low. There is one simple reason for this. The universe is 13.77 billion years old, yet humans (homo sapiens) have only existed for around 200,000 years. That's one 68,850th of the of the age of the universe. If we were to say that the average life span of an intelligent species is 200,000 years, the chance of two existing at the same time is infinitesimal. Of course, none of this logic works if the universe is in fact infinite, in which case there are an infinite number of intelligent alien species alive right now.

Reactions: naughty_cat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.