do you believe depression and anxiety exist

TyDye

Linux and 3DS geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depression is one of those things that tends to be over-diagnosed, but it is a real, proven disorder.
adding on to your "over-diagnosed" crap, some people actually believe its under-diagnosed, several of my health teachers have talked about doctors not diagnosing minors with depression because "there kids and cant get depressed" that statement is literally retarded. the age of a person dose make it so you can or cant have depresion

Last edited by TyDye,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
adding on to your "over-diagnosed" crap, some people actually believe its under-diagnosed several of my health teachers have talked about doctors not diagnosing minors with depression because "there kids and cant get depressed" that statement is literally retarded. the age of a person dose make it so you can or cant have depresion

There is certainly something here that is literally retarded.

Reactions: DarthDub

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
adding on to your "over-diagnosed" crap, some people actually believe its under-diagnosed several of my health teachers have talked about doctors not diagnosing minors with depression because "there kids and cant get depressed" that statement is literally retarded. the age of a person dose make it so you can or cant have depresion
Must be the same people that diagnose every other kid with ADHD because they're bored in class.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

This is definitely real.
I know a lot people diagnosed with chronic Psychological diagnosis/Mental Illness personally, and many rely on medication to get through the day.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Nightwish

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
how would the same people not diagnose any kids with depression but all with ADHD
Diagnose adult patients with depression and kids with ADHD. I meant to say group of people. Wasn't meaning to be so specific.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well i am a young teen (not 13 though) and why would that affect it

No, never implied that the age of the one making questions would affect the quality of them. If that's what I made you think.

inb4 this topic also gets locked

there are many many reasons for depression

"chemicals" is just one possible answer
I mean
could just look this up
read a book
a paper
youtube
not temp

better question is why temp?

As I answered before, chemistry is what rules our body, what makes it work and also fail on most of its functions.

And to "why temp", I would answer why not? If he/she feels comfortable to ask here why would'n we allow it? (I'm not being rude).
Maybe as I said, it would be seen as out of place, but is not wrong to ask what you want to know about, it would be worse not asking. But yes, you would get better answers if asking on the correct place and to the correct people, and that's the tricky part of it.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

TyDye

Linux and 3DS geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diagnose adult patients with depression and kids with ADHD. I meant to say group of people. Wasn't meaning to be so specific.
hmm.... maybe thats why every one and there mother (thats a saying) "has ADHD" nowdays

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

inb4 this topic also gets locked

there are many many reasons for depression

"chemicals" is just one possible answer
I mean
could just look this up
read a book
a paper
youtube
not temp

better question is why temp?
ok, 1st off this is the "off-topic" section and 2nd off there was a post about masturbation earlier so dont complain

Reactions: Subtle Demise

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
adding on to your "over-diagnosed" crap, some people actually believe its under-diagnosed, several of my health teachers have talked about doctors not diagnosing minors with depression because "there kids and cant get depressed" that statement is literally retarded. the age of a person dose make it so you can or cant have depresion
Because HORMONS are hell to diagnose. Now those are chemicals that can mess with your brain a lot!

D

Deleted User

OP is asking these question. It doesn't mean he believes what he asks. Calm down people, jfc.

Reactions: TyDye

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe both are real, seeing chemical reactions happen to the body once someone is suffering from either or both. Certainly though, it can kinda be "made up", especially anxiety, seeing that it surges from possibilities created from your own mind and your fear upon these, but nonetheless they are mental illnesses and they need special treatment.

If i was to explain both depression and anxiety in a more simplistic way, they are basically a set of feelings playing at the same time. Like depression being a long-term sadness and melancholia feeling, while anxiety is a long-term fear and worry feeling (really resuming it up).

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if doctors actually make money for diagnosing that's stupid
It's generally "better" to claim something more, than to claim something less and encourage getring sued for that (doesn't really apply to mental issues - I hope - but plenty in "physical" cases)
And how about kickbacks for (real, questionable, or fake) therapies?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-