Do these games have system updates in order to play & singleplayer depth?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ChaosHydrA, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ChaosHydrA
    OP

ChaosHydrA Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2009
    Im going on vacation soon for 5 weeks and i need to buy some 3ds games. I remember mario land 3d or mario kart 7 had system updates which i denied to install though but both games seem to still work on my current system firmware mentioned below. I dont want to end up buying games that i wouldnt be able to play on my 3ds without forcing a update on you, which would mean my acekard2i would be obsolote. Im not sure if any of the mentioned games below have updates that would make it impossible to play on this firmware though >>

My current 3ds firmware: 3.1.0 6-E

The games im considering:

New Mario Bros.2
    Donkey Kong Country 3DS
    Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate
    Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
    Paper Mario: Sticker Star
    Project X Zone
    Castlevania: Mirrors of Fate
    Resident Evil Revelations

Also since i cant use my Wi-Fi connection due to my current firmware, which of those games mentioned above would you guys recommend? I will most likely pick 2-4 of em, they should just have enough meat on them to last for 4-5 weeks in singleplayer. I pretty much like all genres these games represent

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    If you want sheer length, Monster Hunter. I don't really know about the others, but Luigi's Mansion is not that long (still a good game though). Dream Team is supposed to have about 35 hours of content if you just play the main stuff. I don't know about updates though.

3. blinkzane

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    paper mario has a tonn of back tracking, luigis mansion is meant to be played in short bursts as the levels are quite short. idt I had any force updates on either. I can see a game that would force an update being one that has online play, otherwise I wouldn't know.

now I DO recommend zelda oot3ds if you don't already have it. if so, check out zeldaspeedruns.com

4. Moczan

Moczan Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2013
    Poland
    Monster Hunter will give you hundreds of hours of content and it's completely playable on singleplayer. I'm not sure about the forced update (I bought 3DS XL and it was on ver. 4.x out of the box).