Do the hinge crack on the newer DS's?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by iwakura, Jun 2, 2007.

Jun 2, 2007
  1. iwakura
    OP

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    So, I've been through 2 DS's already...I'm on my third right now. My first two were both the "shaky volume" and "crackling screen" types. To my knowledge, those were the two major signs that signified that your DS would eventually crack its hinge. My newest DS does NOT crackle or have a unsteady volume control. My question is: can I push my screen all the way back safely?

Of course, I'm not taking any chances, I always keep it at the first stop (but more from habit from my first 2 DS's...). However, friends always seem to be so touchy-feely around my DS, and they often push the screen back to get a better view. This usually results with me screaming at them in a worried frenzy. I just want to know if I can lay off the yelling a bit, if its safe to let the 2nd generation DS's to go all the way back.

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Dont let your friends touch it. I found that out years ago friends dont give a sh** about your stuff your better not letting them near it.

3. JimmyJangles

Newcomer JimmyJangles Advanced Member

United States
    I say keep yelling. If my friends didn't treat my $130+ investment with the care I expect, yelling at them is still probably going a bit too easy on them.

4. DS64

Member DS64 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah i also dont let people touch my stuff who dont know how to handle them. I get all pissy when prints are on the screen lol. Im gonna pick up the onyx version, it looks better built, maybe because of the color i dunno.

5. iwakura
    OP

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    haha, point taken: it doesnt matter, don't let them touch.

but still, out of personal curiosity, how safe is it to say that the hinge won't crack?

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    You shouldn't be worried too much - but it's best to not let them push it down all way. Just let them get a better view from elsewhere (are they trying to view it upside down?)