ROM Hack Question Do Sysnand and Emunand store saves seperately?

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are saves stored seperately depending on the NAND? Like can I have Checkpoint on Emunand and use it to dump a save file from Sysnand, edit that save on PC, and the restore it to Sysnand?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. Sysnand stores saves in the internal memory.
Emunand stores them inside the emunand partition on your SD card or the emunand folder (if filebased).
So they don't "see" each other.

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. Sysnand stores saves in the internal memory.
Emunand stores them inside the emunand partition on your SD card or the emunand folder (if filebased).
So they don't "see" each other.
Can Checkpoint on Emunand copy and restore to the Switch's internal storage?

Whoops, looks like that's what you already answered.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Checkpoint on Emunand copy and restore to the Switch's internal storage?

Kind of. You can use Checkpoint in one and backup the save, then launch Checkpoint in the other and restore it. But that involves running Checkpoint on SysNAND, which is frowned upon for obvious reasons.

You may want to checkout the method described here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-move-saves-from-emunand-to-sysnand.552858/

Supposedly it's safer. But be careful, there's always a risk of being banned. And definitely do NOT use this on online games.

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kind of. You can use Checkpoint in one and backup the save, then launch Checkpoint in the other and restore it. But that involves running Checkpoint on SysNAND, which is frowned upon for obvious reasons.

You may want to checkout the method described here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-move-saves-from-emunand-to-sysnand.552858/

Supposedly it's safer. But be careful, there's always a risk of being banned. And definitely do NOT use this on online games.
This method is what I'm trying to avoid.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This method is what I'm trying to avoid.
Well, to my knowledge those are your current choices. Either use CFW on SysNAND to run Checkpoint, or use this other method to avoid using CFW, and have a supposedly lower risk of ban.

I know some people here claim to use CFW and play online regularly, and not get banned as long as they don't install any NSPs or use any cheats. But there are others that claim to have been banned just for using CFW. So it's a tough call.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol