Do ShippingZone reimburse return costs and other questions

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Gary kiila, May 26, 2010.

1. Gary kiila
    OP

Newcomer Gary kiila Advanced Member

United States
    I have received a faulty Acekard 2i ( it won't read the microSDHC cards and I have tried two different ones) and want to return it. If I return it, will I have to pay to ship it since it's their fault? I have found some shipping under $5 but I'm just wondering and it's not registered( so no tracking or confirmation of ship i think). Do i have to wait for them to receive the faulty Acekard before they ship the new Acekard to me( I already had to wait 26 days and would not like to wait more [​IMG] ). When they ship the new Acekard can i atleast receive a tracking order( the shipping with the tracking number) for free ( hopefully the super fast one for free but i doubt it [​IMG] )? How long do I have to give them my Acekard 2i i'm returning because the slowest shipping is slow and I don't know if that ash cloud from Iceland is still stopping airplanes? Also do I have to return everything like the promotional metallic stylus, the 4GB microSDHC card, and the USB adapter for the microSD cards that came with my entire package?

Hopefully 0shippingzone sees this because I have a very difficult time getting replies from them.

2. coattails

Member coattails GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You're going to have to pay to ship it back... are you positive that the card is faulty?
    You've tried formatting the SD, the paper trick, and the paper-under-the-pcb trick, right? Where does your Ak2i stall?
    It could easily be a contact issue which can be solved by shoving a piece of paper between the acekard sticker and your DS.
    So unless you've exhausted your options, I wouldn't advise immediately sending it in for a refund. Not only will you have to wait for a response from 0SZ's customer service (which might take a day or two), you're going to have to wait a good month and a half before you ever get a functional AK2i back.
    About the free registered mail.. you're going to have to work it out with 0SZ support. I know that at l33tmod.com, a guy who received a defective AK got to keep the defective AK and got another ak2i shipped out to him for free without even having to send the other one in for testing.

Good luck man, if your kard is really faulty then you've got a LONNNNGGG road ahead of you before you're getting another one.

3. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yup, do the paper trick that the fella on here (forget his username) came up with. Shove a piece of paper (something a bit thicker, like a business card, but not too thick) under the pcb.

It completely fixes the contact issue. Very easy and it works.

4. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Weve been through this already. Its broken, tk_saturn himself said this and told him to make this thread. He needs a return. Hes hoping 0shipping sees this.

5. Gary kiila
    OP

United States
    Yea, just like spark1223 said. The Acekard 2i does not read my microSDHC card or my friends. Since they are Sandisk and Kingston, two good brands, I believe it must be the Acekard itself that has the problem. Yes, I have tried multiple times to format it with no luck. Aslo tried a paper trick with the microSDHC and no luck. If you have any other info that may help me please tell me now. The problem is that when I start the Acekard up it just stays on a loading screen.

So another question I have,since you guys say it will take a while to get a new Acekard, do they ship the new Acekard 2i to me right after I ask for the replacement or do they wait to recieve the faulty one? Otherwise I might just order a new Acekard quick from an North American store for like $15 ( even though i'm already broke [​IMG] ).

6. spark1223

United States
    Im broke too bud, honestly the only lower I can go is homeless and im not far from it, i live in a subsidized group home. But when you gotta wait months for a return, buy a new one in the us and ask for a refund, thats what i'd do. Theyll probably do it knowing them.

Dont buy from importers again, i dont, and im pretty damn broke here.

7. coattails

Member coattails GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    My guess is that they will need to receive the faulty one first; however, if the customer service agent decides to be nice then he might just ship your Acekard to you immediately. Have you enquired with 0SZ? Wait for a reply and they should give you instructions and details on what's going to happen.

8. Gary kiila
    OP

United States
    Yea, I have and he sent me the address,name,and phone number top send it to. I replied to the message asking if I have to wait for them to recieve mine first and i'm still waiting for a reply. Now since i'm thinking about buying it from America, what are some good,cheap and trustworthy North American stores that sell Acekard and have a good return policy [​IMG]. My budget is around $15( thats including tax, so please no recomendations for those places that charge tax).

9. spark1223

United States
    Simplymods is the cheapest in the USA. If you find it cheaper, they will beat the price. Its about 16.50 there. They were great to me when i had trouble with my ez flash, they offered to reinmberse me for shipping and when it ended up working they gave me half a refund ( i got to keep it).

10. 0ShippingZone

Newcomer 0ShippingZone Member

China
    Unfortunately, we do need to have the defective one back to us first. We do understand the time and shipping cost going back and forth and that's why we test every flashcart before we send it out. However, that still does not guarantee all the flashcards will work for you when they reach you.

We had sent out replacements to customers first but end up never receiving the defective ones back. We do not know if we got scammed or the packages they sent back got lost. But it is also a problem for us. We do need to have the defective ones back first so we can send out the replacement.

Please do understand our situation. We will do our best to send out the replacements ASAP once we receive the returned ones.

11. Gary kiila
    OP

United States
    All right thank you for the response.