Hardware do PSP 3000 hardmods exist?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,665
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
this isn't the hardmods you are thinking about... unless it's actual hardware mods unlike the NAND ones for CFW... what i mean are actual hardware replacements, for example:

Has anyone ever replaced the analog stick on the psp with a better one? like the 3ds circle pad.

Or replaced the screen with a better screen, for example.. IPS

How about building the PSP Eyetoy inside the system itself?

also, replaced the speakers with better, higher quality ones?

i would totally want all of the above on my psp.. along with a longer battery life...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not seen any kits like you get for some other consoles, much less ones I would rate. However each of the things you describe is well within reason for someone with some electrical engineering skills, or indeed basic soldering skills in the case of the speakers (or not if you just want to stick an altoids amp in line)..

Screen replacement tends to be fun though and I am not seeing lower volume custom screen makers, and even higher volume is not the easiest, like we see for batteries and PCBs.

On the eyetoy then I dare say most would look into making a game specific console for that one. What game would you have in mind?

D

Deleted User

OP
I have not seen any kits like you get for some other consoles, much less ones I would rate. However each of the things you describe is well within reason for someone with some electrical engineering skills, or indeed basic soldering skills in the case of the speakers (or not if you just want to stick an altoids amp in line)..

Screen replacement tends to be fun though and I am not seeing lower volume custom screen makers, and even higher volume is not the easiest, like we see for batteries and PCBs.

On the eyetoy then I dare say most would look into making a game specific console for that one. What game would you have in mind?
Game specific console? I thought it would just be a cool gimmick to have one built in

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most game consoles and controllers are designed to be a jack of all trades, some people that only play one game or one franchise then make mods to improve that one game/franchise. Said mods often come at the cost of ease of use for everything else which is OK for some if they really like that one game.

Looking at the PSP eyetoy stuff it would involve making a new shell and some wiring. Nothing drastic but quite annoying for the average person to pull off thanks to the shell thing.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have seen dual analogues made remapped into buttons, i ahve seen the UMD tray replaced by a speaker a large one at that its just a matter of doing it

D

Deleted User

OP
Most game consoles and controllers are designed to be a jack of all trades, some people that only play one game or one franchise then make mods to improve that one game/franchise. Said mods often come at the cost of ease of use for everything else which is OK for some if they really like that one game.

Looking at the PSP eyetoy stuff it would involve making a new shell and some wiring. Nothing drastic but quite annoying for the average person to pull off thanks to the shell thing.
the analog stick would obviously be for the games that require it as a main control.. like midnight club, GTA, Untold Legends, etc.. my thumb always gets sweaty and then the stick becomes really hard to use because it's all slippery

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu